• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$200 for extra 4 GB DDR3 1333 Memory??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drosera01

I was surfing net as one of my friend send me a link for a computer to be on sale..... of course sucker OEMs.
I was surprised to see this... couln't figureout how they do the pricing...
They are trying to rip people off so bad......???
Its simply outragious.

Attachments

• Capture-1.JPG
    Capture-1.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 134
I'd like to know where they're getting 3GB modules to fill 12GB with 4 DIMMs...

(Yes, I know it's more likely to be 2x4 + 2x2)

You can get a 4x4GB set from NewEgg for $80...

Yeah, about as bad as Lenovo wanting close to $100 to go from 6 to 8gb on my x220. Basically said yeah, I'll stick with 6gb and if I need it I'll spend the $40 and get the 2x4gb sticks from newegg and maybe sell the used ones.

Well, so, wait a minute. I'd be happy to install 4GB of ram in your system today for $200. But wait, call now and I'll also install an extra 120mm cooling fan for only $100. Get your credit card out and call now, don't wait !!! That's 1-800-suckers.

But Dell recommended:rofl:

Yeah the "Dell Recommended" tag had me laughing too! Seriously Dell?? Can you please tell us why you recommend the average joe would need 16gigs of ram?? I say average joe because most enthusiast build custom rigs and let Dell, HP, etc sell their overpriced junk to people who dont know any better lol.

At first I thought this was from someone getting suckered on ebay or something before I read that it was Dell... lol what jokers

Back