• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What PSU to buy with epox?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzy0627

Hi guys, Im wondering what you all recommend for a supply above 400 for and epox8kha+ kt266a......Is the ernamx supply ok? I hear people having propblem with those...Im looking to speend under 65 bucks so iff you see something plz post!

The best PSU for the 8kha+ is the sparkle 400watt.

Im not sure if its withing your budget but its been very good to me..keeps my voltages exactly where they should be.

I've got a couple of 400W units from CompUSA that have been good for me. Good voltage readings and stable.

Less than $60.

Good Luck!

I agree with Holst.
The Sparkle PSU works very well and shouldn't cost you much above $60. I ran mine with a 250W Sparkle without any problems but the PSU got a little too warm for comfort so I got a 350 W Sparkle and it's fine now.

I for one am running a CompUSA brand 500 watt PSU. Works great on my system -- even at 100% load (folding), it never dips below 4.95 on the 5V rail, and is usually right at 5.

I am using a PS from a company called PCPOWERANDCOOLING . Go to their website and read the documentation on their PS's. These are one of the better ones on the market. You will notice the difference right away. They are heavier than most others and the number of connectors is more than with other ones too. I have used these exclusively and have never had any problem overclocking anything. Of course I use high quality RAM as well. Probably the 2 most important factors in achieving good OC results. PS and RAM

Back