• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Winter Cooling setup...Its kinda Crude...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

Here Are My temps....
I originaly posted pics that I took with my webcam (not good) so I got a better cam and Now with my setup in version 2.5 I would like to post with updates
This is all in a system built from spare parts except Vid card(Radeon 7200)...Athlon 550@622

This is the processor...
I know this looks kinda crude but it works and this is all in a modded AT case..so I dont expect much anyway.

Also: The duck tape is NOT holding the fan on..its simply there to make as much of the air goes over the fins of the heatsink as possible...the fan are held in place by 2 mini bolts each. Both are EverCool 7000rpm fans...loud suckers...

This is My homemade "Thing" that holds a fan under the PS, I have an old mouse pad cut to fit the bottom of the PS so it doesnt heat up any of the cold air going to the cpu.
Dont know what you would call it but...it makes sure the air goes to the cpu.

Dust is major prob with this set up....even with a filter in the tube....

Fan that sits in window....
Im gonna take a vacum to this sucker tonight...
What you guyz think?

thats pretty cool looking, it is crude, but hey if it works!

i was thinking about doing something like that, with the intake from outside, but never got around to it, maybe next winter...
i was also thinking that when i watercool my computer (its not a weither or not anymore, its just when...) during the winter haveing the radiator out a window would be interesting to see the results...

and i know what you mean with dust, the inside of my case is totally covered with dust! i need to find better methods of filtering it... maybe if i could find air filter and just use duct work to have it blow into my computer, hrmmmm....

Here's my winter cooling setup: It's 13.6 C (58.7 F) in my room right now and my heat doesn't work.

I don't like it but my CPU does. It's at 25 C (77 F) idle and 27.8 C (82 F) Folding!

Watercooled, Blackice Extreme radiator, Swiftech MCW462 block, Eheim 1048 pump, 2 Panalfo H1A 120's on a voltage regulator running at a whisper. I want a dual proc setup to keep my room warmer!!!

ColdMiser said:
Here's my winter cooling setup: It's 13.6 C (58.7 F) in my room right now and my heat doesn't work.

I don't like it but my CPU does. It's at 25 C (77 F) idle and 27.8 C (82 F) Folding!

Watercooled, Blackice Extreme radiator, Swiftech MCW462 block, Eheim 1048 pump, 2 Panalfo H1A 120's on a voltage regulator running at a whisper. I want a dual proc setup to keep my room warmer!!!

LOL..Nice, Temps are the first pic...
Update I got this KX133 chipset on this board doing 115 fsb..finaly...wouldnt even post before..so I got 633mhz now and even higher 3dmark 2001se score..2489

Thats cool ! , I'm doing the same thing here. I have my watercooling box pulling air in from the window, and then a duct made out of cardboard directs the air into the computer case. The top temp is the room temp. and the bottom one is the water temp. Its ghetto but it works, my 1200@1595 is 65F right now folding

J37X said:
Thats cool ! , I'm doing the same thing here. I have my watercooling box pulling air in from the window, and then a duct made out of cardboard directs the air into the computer case. The top temp is the room temp. and the bottom one is the water temp. Its ghetto but it works, my 1200@1595 is 65F right now folding

SWEET!..yours looks even cleaner than mine...
Now wheres that vacum cleaner...

Do you get any condensation from the humidity in the outside air.
(If you have high humidity. I live in FL. Very high humidity.)

Where there's a will, there's a way. :D

craigiz1 said:

Nope, And if condensation does goto form I have the tube going down and curving striaght up to the case, it will drain to the bottom of the tube, but so far none.

Back