• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good software temperature monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hurriedcorgi

Hey everyone, this is my first post so take it easy on me... I'm new to this sort of stuff. I just had this computer built for me (specs below) and I've been going around the internet trying to find a good/user friendly temperature monitor but am having a good time. I found this site and figured this would be a great place to ask for suggestions! Thank you in advance!

NZXT Source 210 Gaming Case - Black
Internal Expansion [6-Port] NZXT Internal USB Expansion System
Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (4x 3.30GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155]
4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - 2GB - Single Card
[SLI] Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 -- 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16, Lucid Virtu Technology
Power Supply 800 Watt
500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s
24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
ASUS Xonar DG
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Welcome! :)

Realtemp would be my choice for only temperatures. Coretemp coming in second, and HWMonitor 3rd (waaaaaaay too much information for some).

Nice PC you have there!!!

Last edited:
I have never used realtemp, it works very well, good recommendation. I like that it is set up to do CPU/GPU in the program and in the taskbar; which is something that coretemp does not do.

Thank you everyone for your quick and informative replies! I am sure you will see my name with more questions in the future!! Thank you again!

Back