• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best z68 mATX for SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nooster

ok, so i have been looking relentlesly for a full size ATX case that will fit a full ATX motherbord and not cost an arm and a leg (or need to build it myself as i have very little skillz :bang head).

This has left me no option other than to go mATX.

soooooo... looking for opinions on what is the best z68 motherbord?

i was looking at this but am a bit concerned with the space between the pcix slots, and the room between the cpu slot and the mosfet heat sinks (hope to retain my MUX-120 and SLI'd GTX 560ti's)

any opinions?:shrug:

i'll give it a shot!
i own an Asus Maximus IV Gene Z. i know there's a new gen 3 version which just adds PCI-E 3.0 support i think.

you're planning to SLI the 560s in your sig yeah? i had to put my single 6950 in the 2nd slot because my massive Thermalright Silver Arrow blocks the first slot.
i think if you rotate your TRUE into the north-south airflow direction it should be ok though.

EDIT: and OMG! you are exactly where i am from, and your link is exactly where i bought it :santa:
love seeing people from Melbourne, let alone Australia :beer:

Lol howdie neighbor:thup:

I was thinking that I may need to put the card in the second slot with that mobo, but don't know if it will affect fps.

If there is another mobo with a bit more room would be better

i'll upload a picture showing you the space between my cooler and graphics card, when i have time.
just looking inside my case now, my heatsink JUST overlapses the top PCI-E slot. the Silver Arrow is quite a bit larger overall than the TRUE though (had one before the SA :santa: )

i reckon if you mount the heatsink with fans blowing in a north-south direction, then unmount the bottom fan, you'll have enough clearance for 2 cards, very sure.

The GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 is better bang for the buck. But you have to make sure you get a rev 1.3 for PCIe 3.0 slots.

The rev 1.3 boards gigabyte just started shipping them, so they should be in stock soon. In has triple slot spacing which is better for SLI/Xfire, the lowest PCIe slot is the x8 slot so that gives a slot in between for the cards to breath.

Back