• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I5 2550 results?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soulcatcher668

Has anyone seen any overclock comparisons for the 2500K vs the 2550K?

I can get a 2550K for about 10 bucks more than the 2500K but I have not been able to dig anything up other than the specs.

The only difference is one higher stock mulitplier I believe. If you are overclocking the amount of voltage needed for the different speeds is as much of a dice roll as ever.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a 2550K, especial since it costs more. I mean Intel strips the IGP from the 2500K, calls it a 2550K, and charges more? Makes no sense... :screwy:

I'd expect both the 2500K and 2550K to OC the same on average.

It seems that nobody is buying them and overclocking. :shrug:

It's just a place holder for me until Ivy comes out.

Then again..... for 10 bucks more, I might give it a shot and see what happens.

I bought one .. I am waiting for it to coming in. It was a free upgrade on my new PC.

I went with the 2550k just because I know I'll never use the on-chip graphics. Plus, it was only $10 more.... I've had it as high as 4.8GHz with no probs, but clocked it back down to 3.8GHz because even at stock speed, my system is bottlenecked by my GPU. Once I upgrade to a couple 6870-6970's, I'll boost it back up and see what I can get out of it.

Back