• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Emulator using 80+GB of my hard drive???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

macstranded

I only have one question: WHY?!

worpo.jpg

I checked my documents folder and there was only one PCSX2 folder which was about 1.3 GB. I also looked in the AppData folders, but I didn't find any folders for that emulator.

I haven't used a PSX emulator, but is it possibly including the games when calculating the space it takes up?

I still haven't solved this. I can't be the only person who's ever had this issue. :(

If the folder is actually 46 MB, like in your picture, it is reporting incorrectly. If you want to see a very good breakdown of folders and the size, use the program WinDirStat.

Simply put, there isn't a problem.

I remember seeing a picture of Dragon Age 2 or something taking up 1.81TB in the programs and features manager. Not really a deal if the folder is not taking up the claimed space.

as long as the size on disk thing is where its at it should be ok.

just wait till you come across a program in the uninstall listings that says its LARGER than your whole hard drive and/or partition......then is when you need to worry that windows is a bit eff'ed and it might be time to reformat and re install

A format and reinstall for it showing the wrong size in Programs and Features? :eh?:

Seems a bit extreme.

Thanks for the responses. I'm just going to ignore this "issue" and not stress about it. I was mainly just worried that it was using the extra space for saves or for virtual memory or god knows what else.

Thanks for the responses. I'm just going to ignore this "issue" and not stress about it. I was mainly just worried that it was using the extra space for saves or for virtual memory or god knows what else.

I wish it would show accurately but it doesn't in all cases. I have it showing megs of data when its Gigs typically. Though I really don't care what it says, I just go to the folder and look at what is taking space if I need to clean up.

Back