• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone still use pci?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anonymous22x

Registered
okay so i was looking at the new asus p8z77 ws and it has no pci slots but it has alot of features that i like, so i was wondering if anyone still uses pci slots, or if the're basically obsolete these days,
thanks for the help and good luck to all:comp:

so you think i should not get this board because of that?

nah man all those things can be put on a pcie 1x slot. they may be a bit more expensive but they are better.

I still use them at work on the older dell systems we have but other than that not really.

edit: why do you need blue tooth on a PC? but i believe they do make BT cards

nah man all those things can be put on a pcie 1x slot. they may be a bit more expensive but they are better.

I still use them at work on the older dell systems we have but other than that not really.

edit: why do you need blue tooth on a PC? but i believe they do make BT cards

i saw the asus deluxe models had it but not the work station i figured a usb would be easier anyways if i did need bluetooth

I'm using an UAD pci card in a X79 system (pci to pcie bridge----> asus p9x79). No problem.

I had a PCI sound card, but I took it out about two weeks ago. Other than that I didn't have a use for PCI.

I still use PCI now and then.

Had to use it for NIC cards sometimes when the onboard won't work, used it for sound cards now and then, and I've used it for a game controller port sometimes.

Back