• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SMBus & Dragon+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm I've been looking for the answer to this as well. I can't find a header on the mobo or in the manual. The manual does mention that the south bridge is SM Bus compatible but I can't find a header to get at.

Neone got a schematic of a Dragon Plus so I can just solder wires straight onto the mobo and invalidate my warranty permanently ;-)

Yes, the Dragon+ has a SMBus, buuuuut there's no header that I could find. I've done some websearching on the subject, and there might be a way to connect things to the SMBus through a stick of memory, but all of the references to that are talking about SDR memory, not DDR. I'll make a new thread to ask about this. There are plenty of boards that don't have headers, but they should still have some way to access the SMBus.

DDR pin 91 is SMBUS data and 92 is SMBUS clock. I think the best way is to make dummy board to go into the dimm socket.:cool:

damn, If I could afford another stick of ram, I certainly would not use it for the diode reader. I sure wish there was another way. Why do they have features that are not implemented? Sometimes I feel that AMD is getting screwed by the chipset and mobo makers by not doing right by them. AMD has a lot of good things going for it but always ends up getting shot in the back by these darn rascals. Oh well, someone needed to vent a little frustration. I feel better.:) :)

Able,
wheres a good place to get that sort of pin out data? I wouldn't mind knowing if there's any good way to get at Vdimm on the dragon like you can get on Vcpu without having to solder it.:beer:

So then that line on the mobo that is attached to those pins on the RAM slots?????
WHERE DAT GO TO?
Thats my next question i.e. somewhere else to connect to etc?
:beer:

Hang on I thought the south bridge looked after the pci/serial interface neway....ie northbridge does the RAM/AGP?????

Yep me too, well the way I'm thinking

Objective
1. Find way of getting SMBUS data from Dragon+ without having to resort to dummy DDR. I.e. this thread

2. From that knowledge, (i.e. mobo schematic needed here) develop non solder way (or any for that matter) of adjusting Vdimm on Dragon+

pin = pin xx somehere else

neone got dragon schematic?

Short term
find some other pin between ram and mobo that can be connected to

Medium term
Do same for Vdimm adjustment

Long term
Not have a day job

General plan
Savour it and have a laugh while you're doing it:)

P.S. Thx for helping out with ma major system nightmare before, this is it all up and running now. WOOT WOOT!

Last edited:
Well, good luck finding a non-solder Vdimm mod. For the DIMM pins, check the JEDEC spec sheet on that. It'll tell you to use these two pins:
pin 1->|___n________|<-these last two pins are SMBus

BTW, you forgot to put 'Take over universe' under long term plans.

edit: OOPS, the above picture should be:
pin 1->|_______n_____|<-these last two pins are SMBus
sorry bout that :eek:

Last edited:
Seen that stuff on the dimm pins, cheers. Am interested in where those pins are connected to on the mobo? Anyone got a mobo schematic?

Nah, I don't want enough power to tell everyone else what to do, just enough freedom so that no-one tells me what to do, s'all.

Last edited:
If you want a schematic, I'd suggest powering up your tricorder. ;) Or, you could ask Soyo, see what they answer.

A handheld scanner from Star Trek (my comment was a nerdish joke, don't worry if you didn't get it).

BTW, according to Default's article today, you need to be an OEM and sign some NDAs just to get the info on the chipsets. A useful schematic seems all the more unlikely. :(

Back