• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time watercooling, a few questions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frazier

Here are my system specs:

i52500k
dual radeon 7970's
16 gb gskill 1866 ram
Corsair AX850
Corsair 600T SE

And my WC parts:

XSPC raystorm CPU block
EK FC7970 x 2 blocks
XSPC RX240 mm+ RX120mm + Phobya 200mm rads.
Primochill blue tubing, etc.
Scythe gentle typhoon AP 15 x 5
Cooler master Megaflow 200mm x 30mm fan.
Swiftech MCP 655 pump with speed control.
XSPC single 5.25 inch reservoir.

I will be using distilled water + pt nuke.

I wanted to know the loop order after res to pump.Im also worried if the 240mm and 120 mm rads wont fit at the top and back of the case.My plan is to have CM megaflow as an intake fan 2 GT's exhausting air up the case and also one GT at the back of the case.

Does it matter if there is only a single crossfire fitting connecting the two cards?Or do dual xfire bridges give better temps?

Thanks.

Loop order does not matter outside of res before pump as temps inside a properly radded and flowing loop vary little from point to point (1-2C).

Im not sure what you are asking about crossfire fitting...You talking about the ribbon? That has nothing to do with temperatures of the card.

Loop order does not matter outside of res before pump as temps inside a properly radded and flowing loop vary little from point to point (1-2C).

Im not sure what you are asking about crossfire fitting...You talking about the ribbon? That has nothing to do with temperatures of the card.

Thanks for the reply.What I meant was these fittings.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9..._1_Slot_Spacing_CNT-VDA2_.html?tl=g30c101s873

Is it better to have two of them instead of one connecting the crossfire cards?For more even temps between both the cards?

Not sure how two would work as it would close the loop? You would have an in to the top card, and out to the bottom card, then an out from the bottom card.

I believe you use two of those fittings to set the GPUs as parallel vs serial with one fitting. You also have to make sure that the in port of the two cards is the opposite side as the out port on the other.

Parallel setup for GPUs yield a better temp from what I've seen. I don't have the link to the thread that tested this though. The one thing to worry about with a parallel setup is reduced flow, which can cause stagnant water in your blocks. It is a bigger issue if you're using dyes or mixing metals in your loop, but as you're not you've nothing to worry about.

Series or parellel for GPUs matter very little. IF you have too much in a loop you 'can' increase the series flow through the complete loop by going parellel with the GPUs. You won't have thatproblem with your planned loop.

Parellel won't cause stagnate flow, it will still be plenty of flow.

It's your choice, series is cheaper, just one connecting fitting.

Honestly, the change between series/parellel on the GPUs matter little.

I use series, in one card, out to the next card, and out to the rest of the loop. My GPU temps are within a few C of each other

Back