• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan set up for the wadiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ASUS ROG

I have a Corsair 800d case, here're my question, i want to install the XSPC RX360 rad on the top and the XSPC RX240 rad in the bottom, should i set the fan to suck air in on the top and set the fan to push air out in the bottom or how should i do it, all of the fan i use in my case are the Cooler Master R4-L2R 20AC series, they're reasonable price and have not let me down in the past . Thank a lot for any advise :)

Last edited:
Bottom intake and top exhaust. The coldest air in the room is near the floor so you want to take advantage of that.

Bottom intake and top exhaust. The coldest air in the room is near the floor so you want to take advantage of that.

If you can find a thermometer precise enough to read the difference in temperature from the top of your case to the bottom of your case that doesn't cost more (new) than your graphics card (heck, maybe your whole rig) does, I'll be WAY impressed.

I have measured as much as 2 degrees F from the floor to approx 48" above the floor and much larger from floor to ceiling. It really depends on the type of air conditioning/heating system you have in the space.
A poorly balanced HVAC with floor registers is a typical example.
If you do decide to exhaust out the bottom, make sure your front case fans are also exhaustIng.

Back