• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aflackill

Hey guys, I've read the beginners guide to overclocking my i7-2600k with a p67 motherboard and it was great i had it at 4.5ghz but then i ran into some problems.

Every time i booted it would tell me the overclock failed and when i check my CPU voltage it would be low (like 1.13v) and i have it set to manual voltage @ 1.3v. For some reason i think the voltage isn't saving or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would bump up the voltage some more, sometimes you can set it to something in the bios and it shows in cpu-z to be much lower.

I would bump up the voltage some more, sometimes you can set it to something in the bios and it shows in cpu-z to be much lower.

its showing that in the bios not cpu-z. And I don't want to overvolt too much. Any other solutions? Could this be a motherboard issue?

Okay it would help more if you could show a pic of what CPU-z is telling you, but if you monitor your temps properly while stress testing I believe you can still get away with a little more vcore. Showing a pic of temps under stress or just posting them would help too.

Hey guys, I've read the beginners guide to overclocking my i7-2600k with a p67 motherboard and it was great i had it at 4.5ghz but then i ran into some problems.

Every time i booted it would tell me the overclock failed and when i check my CPU voltage it would be low (like 1.13v) and i have it set to manual voltage @ 1.3v. For some reason i think the voltage isn't saving or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

i run my core i5 2500k at 4.5 / 1.33 you shouldnt have a problem.. i would try to increase the voltage to 135-140 and see if that does any work for you.

Back