• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED HWbot runtime error '5'

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainman33

Hey guys I keep getting this (runtime error '5' invalid procedure call or argument) and have no clue why. It ran fine the first time, second time I got the error. Ran it for a 3rd and 4th time and it was fine. 5th doing it again with only a slight change in mv in msi afterburner.It is pissing me off because I am trying to bench and gain points:bang head. Any help is appreciated.Hopefully I am just doing something simple wrong. Thanks.

I don't think the cause of that has ever been tracked down. Previously it has only been seen on ATI cards though.

You might try different drivers for giggles, or it might be a response to being right on the edge of stability with the GPU.

Ok thanks. I think you may be right about the oc on my card. I have not tried stock settings yet.Maybe my oc is borderline like you suggested. I didn't think of that:facepalm: Let me try.

That was it. Thanks again. just ran it 4 times with no problems.I will work on my oc and see if I can get it more stable.

Just has to survive the benchmark and screenshot, more life before crashing than that is not required here :D

Back