• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Load imbalance issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Posidon42

I just turned in my second WU on this 4P system. My first WU reported an average load imbalance of 0.3% which I thought was pretty good. This one shows 10.2% and says the average time it was waiting due to a load imbalance issue was 4.3%. WTF? I have it running the stock bios with all of the recommendations on the 4P thread. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Aside from not using the computer otherwise (which can always cause some imbalance), the only way I know to improve the balance, is to use theKraken, from Tear.

Go to the source for this one,
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1037125476

and read post #4

Note that theKraken is widely used, but gives no guarantees.

Yes, I use it and recommend it.

alright, I will give it a whirl. I also spun my fans around so they are pulling the air through the heatsink. This allows me to have a completely pure fresh air source for all fans. And I finally disabled the fan speed control in the bios. Wish me luck.

Wow, that seems to help a lot. That last WU had a TPF around 26:30. Since installing the kraken, I am down to 24:01. That is HUGE!

If I can find a USB stick somewhere, I am hopefully going to start overclocking tonight.

Glad it helped.

On the two cpu's that are closest together, do you have the fans one at the top and one at the lower end of the two heatsinks, respectively? Might be a good idea for Steve. How are the temps with this set up?

Good luck with your O/C!

Remember that I have the board with the staggered cpu setup. There is plenty of space between all of my processors. I was just trying to eliminate the problem where the exhaust air from one would be immediately used as intake air for the other.

As for the temps, I don't know. I haven't installed with the temp monitoring stuff yet. The heatsinks feel completely cool, so until they start to feel warm, I am not going to worry about it.

Back