• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help! Asus U52F laptop won't boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JetEngineMech

I recently opened up my U52F for some cleaning. After I put it back together, it booted up fine and I used it for a few hours without any problems. I closed the lid to hibernate it, but now it won't respond. As soon as I plug it in the POWER LED lights but there is no other sign of activity. Any suggestions? I'd reather not take it apart again if I don't have to, but if that's what it takes so be it.

Have you tried holding down the power button for a couple of seconds, or taking out the battery? It might just be stuck starting up from hibernation mode.

I tried holding down the power button, removing the battery and leaving it unplugged overnight, and holding down the power button for a bit while it was unplugged/no battery (hoping to drain any residual power...I dunno). No luck so far. No beeps, no fan, nothing.

When you cleaned it, do you remember if you touched or bumped anything to hard? Any static shocks maybe? (It is odd though, if it was that that it would have worked once) When you were using it was it charged, charging, or have full charge? When you cleaned it you could have mucked up the dc in socket?

It was unplugged and the battery was removed when I cleaned it. I did adjust the outside pins on the DC socket (it wouldn't make contact with the adapter plug). But I didn't do that until the socket was removed and disconnected from the motherboard. I still find it weird that it worked fine and then just stopped working...

Well, I took it back apart and popped the battery off the board for a few minutes, put it back together and it works fine.

Back