• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New mobo=me happy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
As many of you know I was going thru some serious troubles with Asus, but if you don't, have a good read here .

Well after several weeks using a pos 400Mhz Celeron crapbox, I finally recieved my new board today! Decided to try something different and went with EVGA. Since I'm a poor slob to begin with, I went with a newegg refurb. Never had any problems with newegg's 'furbs except for 1 dating back to the socket A (462) days when it arrived DOA. None the less newegg replaced it with a new retail one ;)

I ordered my new board on Friday with free shipping and I got my new EVGA X58 FTW3 newegg linky before noon today :clap:

Installed, up and running with zero issues thus far. Recognized my 12gb of ram right off the starting gate. A fresh OS install with all the updates/drivers/yadda yadda and i'm back in business. :D

Man this feels sooooo good having my main rig back in action!

Congrats! My 920 is on an EVGA X58, but it's the real po boys LE version. Never had a hint of problem with it.

GratZZZ and I confess a 400mHz Celly?? OUCH!!! Glad you're back up to speed.

Z

Thx guyz! Took but 15 minutes to get 4.0Ghz rock steady stable :D Bios on the EVGA board is somewhat different than the Asus, but common sense kicked in and I knew what was what even with different labels on certain settings ;)

Now i'm going to have go back to the older video drivers as i'm already having some issues with games.

Wow from an i7 to a celeron 400. Was it at least running Windows 98? I bet that i7 feels incredibly fast now lol.

This is why i have like

Main pc - Guest pc - work pc - then worst case scenario either Server or HTPC or laptop :p

never AGAIN!!!!

Yeah I know. I've built I dunno how many high-end back-up rigs, but then after a few months of not being used/sitting in closets or just collecting dust, I sell them off :bang head Then of course when I need a good back-up rig I don't have one :rolleyes: Next back-up rig I build I'm gonna lock away so I don't get rid of it.

Back on topic: Flashed to the latest bios (82) from EVGA's site. Cranked back to 4.0Ghz within minutes. So far I'm lovin this board :)

Thx Joe :D Everything runs flawlessly. I noticed this sucker boots up faster than the Asus. Not too crazy about the PCIE Lanes speeds as primary runs x16, but the 3rd runs 8x. I'm so used to the lanes running 16x that I kinda got used to it.

Cards running is 16x & 8x is not noticable. Guess in certain games it'll show the difference.

I'm happy tho and that's all that matters, hee hee!

Back