• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I bought a 3 TB Ext HDD Seagate GoFlex !! Having Heat Issues ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xintensex

Registered
I run crystal Xp and they thing is in the red after a hour? Also I guess the model number of drive is ST3000DM001-9YN166 ? What should I do?

I wouldn't worry unless it errors. If its under warranty, that should lend some assurance. Could always return it if it makes you nervous, there are external drives that don't run that hot, but I wouldn't worry unless it acts up.

Well I read allot of reviews on this drive and allot of people took it out of enclosure and used it internal. I think i might do that to lower the temps a bit TY :)

Ouch some reading in the 60's.... Damn
I've never seen a drive even hit 50C let alone 60C. Most all my drive sit comfortably in the 30's... rare occasion will any of them hit the 40's!

This is including internal, external and even portable drives.

Ouch some reading in the 60's.... Damn
I've never seen a drive even hit 50C let alone 60C. Most all my drive sit comfortably in the 30's... rare occasion will any of them hit the 40's!

This is including internal, external and even portable drives.

Yeah I know ! Scary Right :eek: I think my best solution is taking this big guy out !!

Hello, I have same issues with Seagate Expansion 3TB.
It goes over 50°C after few minutes of using.
I have thought about taking it out but I am not sure if it's not too late because some programs shows its health only slightly over 80%.
I've uploaded screenshot of SMART data to the attachment.
What do you think? Should I wait or should I take it out?

Attachments

• Seagate.data.jpg
    Seagate.data.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 285
Mount it vertically, using a rock solid, untippable stand? That knocks 1C-3C off the overall temperature of bare internal drives. I never measured externals for this.

Back