• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R these good settings/temps for i5 2500k? help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hnijhar

k so i just started overcloking my i5 2500k, and these r the settings in my bios:
V core-1.332
Dram- 1.584
Vtt/qpi- 1.050-auto
cpu pll-1.8v -auto
multiplier-42
blck-103.0
clock speed- 4.33 ghz

my temps on full load with intel burn test:
core 1:73
core 2:82
core 3:82
core 4:78

other info on intel burn test:
102.78 x 42.0
1.4261 vid
im running a cm HYPER 212 EVo

so am i doing a good overclock? r these settings good? r these temps good?
my computer specs:
i5 2500k
gigabyte z68a d3h b3
8gb xmp 2133 gskill ram 2x4gb
ocz agility 3
3 case fans
730 watt raidmax
if anythings wrong please tell me and how to fix it cuzits hard on my mobo

I'd put that blck back to 100 and have you checked your DRAM settings? I'm betting that RAM runs at 1.65V and needs the timmings to be set up manually... I would also take the pll off of auto and just set it to 1.8V maunally so it doesnt change. your VTT may need a bump when you get your RAM running right as well.

No, Your voltages seem a little high for 4.3 load I would change the blck To 100 as well and set your vtt and cpu pll to manual 1.05 and 1.8 respectivley. With that being said those voltages are around what I had to have at 42 and 43 but my temps are much lower. I would investigate your seating and TIM placement. Good luck

I cant believe that your temps are that high on the 212 EVO, I ran my CPU on that cooler at 4.5 GHZ and never got over 70c. I had my VCore set to 1.33 and never got that high. You could turn you fan speed up and maybe consider getting a second/better one to get the temps down. The 212 EVO comes with a second set of fan brackets so you can attach 2 in push/pull.

I have water now but I did run the 212 EVO for almost a year. I even put my voltage at 1.5 to run 5.0 GHZ and my temps were never that high.

What are you ambient temperatures? Have you had any luck in lowering the voltages? If those are the lowest you can achieve then that is fine but on average only about 1.300 volts is needed for an average overclocking chip. Mine needs 1.31 at 42 and 43 it needs 1.34. Have you tried turning on load line calibration or Multi step load line. try setting this to about 3 or 4 if you have 10 settings and a 1 if you have 3-5 settings.

I Agree with the others though i would check out your temps with the hyper 212 because they seem pretty high to me I have only seen my chip reach 82 when I was pushing 1.49 x47 volts through it while trying to find the highest multiplier I could achieve. My ambeint was about 19-20c though so if you live in a warm area, and are sure with the way you applied the TIM and mounted the heatsink then I would not worry.

One thing to note is when applying the TIM on Direct contact heatpipe coolers, or what ever they are called, the dot and x methods do not work very well because of the gaps. Also, how are your fans placed in your case and are your cables out of the way or are they ristricting airflow. While temps in the 80's are not going to cause any significant harm to the chip, if you want to push your chip further then you will want to try and get your temps down.

What TIM did you use with the heatsink and how did you apply it? How are your fans arranged and what is the temperature when the case is open (this will eliminate an airflow problem) If the temps are only a few degrees lower then I would not worry.

Last edited:
Back