• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Att. Asrock Extreme 3 gen 3 owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Creep-DK

Hi all

Ive had the above mentioned for a week or so, and ofc ive been oc'ing not seriously tho, not running burn-in tests and such.
Tonight however i was and watching voltage aswell.....and tbh i almost fell off my chair..
At 4.5ghz, 1.35v and LLC set to medium my i5 2500k drops to 1.250'ish during burn in test...actually drops so much it goes down to 3.5ghz, is it just me or aint that a huge drop ? :shock:
Was rather shocked as ive been running it at 4.9ghz gaming and benching a bit with no problems whatsoever...i did need to feed it quite a lot of voltage tho....and 5ghz has not been possible at all atleast not up to 1.515v which is the highest ive gone this far.
So i would like to hear from others if they experience the same on their boards.

Do you have the power saving features turned off (Intel Speedstep [eist], and the C-states (c1e, c3, c6, etc)?

Well tbh i had forgotten about that, but i just disabled the lot and result was exactly the same...actually worse as it went down to 3.5-3.6ghz more than before i disabled speedstep and voltage drop was just the same.

Now it aint even stable @ 4.3ghz....bsod'ed on me while surfing ....think this mobo is just gonna get shelfed and i'll go get a proper one tbfh, would be nice to hear if others with this board have the same problems tho.

What i noticed and others have had this problems also is if your using fixed voltage w/ all power saving features disabled (speedstep, C1e, c3 & c6) the multi will only stay fixed up to 40 during a stress test. So if you set 45 multi w/ the above off it will fluctuate between 40 & 45 on fixed voltage.

You best bet is leave speedstep and C1e enabled and overclock and use the offset voltage feature.

Keeping the multi as ive set it wasn't an issue until i tried disabling speedstep and the c states, stability is tho as theres a imo huge v drop, 0,1v is huge in my book(and definately a problem when oc'ing)..been monitoring my lines and it aint my psu not being able to handle it...5v, 3.3v and 12v all above their voltage, so atm im kinda considering if i should just get me another board really, theres a few other issues like changes in bios not being applied before comp has been restarted despite although ive dones save and exit.
Not really a big deal, but annoying that you have to reboot every time you've made changes to the bios.

Back