• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 285 SLI Upgrade Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stevea2980

Need some SLI advice.

I have installed a BFG Tech GTX 285 serial number (BFGEGTX2851024OCBE) as best as I can tell. Bios (62.00.52.00.01)

I just purchased online but havent received a PNY XLR8 GTX285 (VCGGTX285XPB)
BIOS unknown.

I was trying to upgrade video performance on my I-7 without buying a $500 video card. I paid $115 for the "New Like" PNY GTX 285.

"MY" guru told me after the fact that if I the video card didnt come from the same manufacturer with the same model number and the same BIOS to forget about it.

Advice on whether I have wasted my money would be welcomed.

Email replys are ok as listed below

Thanks

Steve A

[email protected]

Thats bull crap man.. As long as they are the same size in memory. you will be just fine. Im running an Asus and eVGA togather with no problems

Same card. same memory will work togather.. You just cant use like a 275 and 285 togather. ATI is alittle more open with there crossfire. But hook them both up and it will work.

Thats kind of what I thought. I appreciate you guys providing a quick response, heck maybe someone has run into a similiar GTX 285 install and can respond

Later SA

Trust me man. It will work. As long as the memory size is the same. and same kinda of card. Brand name dont mean crap. Its goot get the same bios. But it will work.. Just install it and you will see :) Good luck! hope that helps

Yea, you should be golden. I used to run a Galaxy GTX460 SLI'ed with an MSI Tornado GTX460 and it worked just fine. They were both GTX 460 768 Meg cards and everything else just auto-selected the memory/speed differences to the lower card.

Back