• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benefit of 560SC(Non TI) sli

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

esCob4r

So I have 2 gtx 560 SC(Non TI) in sli and I have seen a great improvement through benchmarks. How ever not so much in BF3. Would it be a dumb idea for me to return the 560 I just got in order to get a game I am wanting to get badly. Also I could possibly get like a 120g SSD. Unless of course I could sell both of my 560s, one is a week or 2 old and the other is three months old, get a better single card that outperforms their sli and my game. Any suggestions?

So running BF3 with your SLI setup gives the same FPS as running with just 1 card? Are you sure both cards are getting used? What kind of performance were you expecting to get vs what are you actually getting?

You got 2 killer GPUs! I've got 2 GTX 460 1GB in SLI and it's faster than a GTX 580! Keep your cards and get gaming!:drool:

Thing's don't work evenly like that. 2 cards doesn't equal x2 performance. Part of the reason the GTX460 was such a great card because SLI was like a 90% boost in performance, and that's EXTREMELY high scaling.

When playing BF3 with my regular graphics settings I was hoping to expect atleast some what of an increase in FPS. I didn't really notice anything until I decided to try some things. I turned vsync on and blasted everything to Ultra. I was able to run it on low pop servers but my VRAM was holding me back. I then worked myself down some turning off things I did not need or did not want to help increase my FPS. Was able to keep a steady 60+FPS on custom/ultra settings and some things turned off and works great. How ever I am still undecided what I want to do. I keep hearing this that and the other thing about how intel is so much better then AMD which I know is all true so it is making me wanna jump on the intel band wagon. Might try for a 2500K + 1 gtx 560 and I have been told I would see better performance then my current set up. Can anyone confirm this?

Current set up is in my sig.

The reason your not seeing much benefit is because your maxing out the Vram on the SLI setup, all setting ultra im using 1.4gb of Vram on conquest large sometimes 1.6gb. Try backing it down a bit on the shadow detail and turn off post AA. You can manually set the SLI config to AFR2 or alternate frame rendering and turn v-sync on should make for a smooth sli expierience.
Let me know if this helps.

The reason your not seeing much benefit is because your maxing out the Vram on the SLI setup, all setting ultra im using 1.4gb of Vram on conquest large sometimes 1.6gb. Try backing it down a bit on the shadow detail and turn off post AA. You can manually set the SLI config to AFR2 or alternate frame rendering and turn v-sync on should make for a smooth sli expierience.
Let me know if this helps.

Yes it did. Backed down a bit of my settings and I currently use less Vram allowing me my performance to be smoother. I was just expecting more FPS/performance with the sli set up then I get. Grant it the benchmarks are great but in game seems almost the same as running 1 560. I am told my processor, 1090T is holding me back, but I am also being told that my 1090t is great and should be working great with my set up.

dude, you need to put up some pictures for us... screenies of #s from benchmark test, Vantage/furmark/heaven/etc. Then see how the two 560's compare to just one 560. If you really want to find the answer, you have to search. It doesn't sound like you're too sure that the cards are even installed and running SLI; which is sorta scary in intself. Do you have MSI afterburner installed? EVGA precision x? screenies?

U probably wont be able to plat at MAX due to vram, as stated. but with motion blur off, post AA reduced 1 setting, and all else at HIGH... you should get pretty good results. I'd also suggest FRAPs to monitor in game FPS for X amount of time or as a screen shot; then just pop off a count Screen shots in game and compare.

unfortunately in BF3 your pretty much stuck at all high 1920 x 1080 because you need more then 1GB of Vram to go higher then that at good FPS, this no mater how powerful the card is or how many you have.

Yeah bf3 is a vram killer. Makes me sick. Either way I may decide to switch over to one 560 for now. and do something with the other.

I also may still keep it depending on if I get any offers on my current motherboard and processor. If I can make enough to get an intel board and chip by selling this processor I may just do that so I can keep my 560s

You won't get a huge improvement in FPS with a new CPU, Thubans are still pretty good. In fact, you're going to get good performance in any modern game except for BF3, since it's a vRAM hog.

Yes I have noticed that BF3 is a VRAM monster. I cant even play at ultra settings with this set up because I have not enough vram. =X O well in the future I intend to plan for that. I don't even use a good monitor or tv 1080P stuff. Just a normal 19" LCD.

Thing's don't work evenly like that. 2 cards doesn't equal x2 performance. Part of the reason the GTX460 was such a great card because SLI was like a 90% boost in performance, and that's EXTREMELY high scaling.

Your putting words in my mouth. I didn't say that 2 GTX 460s scaled 100% did I?

I'm just stating a fact that 2 GTX 460 1GB are faster than a GTX 580.

Back