• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Core E6600 ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bandolero

Registered
Bandolero
Hi guys..
I'm curious about something and I would like to read yours opinions about the next thing! :D :D :D
I have Intel Celeron Dual Core E3400 2.60 , 6 GB RAM DDR3 , Intel G41 Express Chipset 1695 MB. I,m one of those guys who likes to play games but don' have enough money for decent PC :bang head
I can play almost every new game (Mass Effect 3 ,GTA IV ,Skyrim ,Batman A.C. ,C.o.D MW3 in minimum specs but most of them are 'bit slow ) So I have some money and I want to buy Intel Pentium Dual Core E6600 3.06 Ghz cuz that's best procesor that my motherboard can handle (socket 775), and if i do this will my games run decent on medium specs????
Pls help me with this guys.... :) :) :)

What exactly is your budget here? If you want more fps for your dollar you're probably better off getting a discrete graphics card -- I'm surprised that the games you listed play at all on your onboard chipset! For example, you could get a used Radeon HD 4850 on ebay for <$50 with shipping.

Belive me I'm suprised too becouse I can run almost every game! My budget is $140 and I've wanted to buy graphic card but I've found out that my card is integrated and that I can't replace it so I only want to know will my games run better with Dual Core E6600...
:D :D :D :D

You can add a GPU even though you're on the integrated graphics.
That is almost certainly the largest improvement you can make.

Depending on your PSU you may be fairly limited in your GPU selection, but even something super cheap and low power like a 4350 will stomp the integrated intel GPU.

Thanx guys but as you read above my budget is limited so all that I'm wondering is would it be better for my pc and for games to buy E6600 or new GPU??? I need to know how to spend my money wisely.... :D
What woud you do if you were in my shoes????
:D :D :D :D :) :) :) :)

As long as you have a full length PCIe slot, go with a GPU for sure. We just need more specific system specs.

Thx for helping guys...
My Full Specs are :
Procesor :Intel Celeron Dual Core E3400 2.60
Motherboard: Asus P5G41T-M LX2/GB socket 775 LGA
RAM : Kingston 4GB DDR3 (667 MHz) and Transcend 2 GB DDR3 (667 MHz)
GPU : Intel G41 Expres Chipset 1695 MB Integrated

We still need power supply specs and monitor resolution. Both of those will dictate what GPU can be used and what GPU is needed.

Is that RAM one 4GB stick and one 2GB stick?

Can you list the amperage on the 12v rail of the PSU or take a pic of the label on the side of it?

You won't need a really powerful GPU at that resolution, which is good considering the PSU probably isn't a beast.

Can you list the amperage on the 12v rail of the PSU or take a pic of the label on the side of it?

You won't need a really powerful GPU at that resolution, which is good considering the PSU probably isn't a beast.

min max
+3.3V 0.5A 20A
+5V 0.3A 20A
+12V1 1A 17A
+12V2 1A 17A
-5V 0A 0.3A
-12V 0A 0.8A
+5Vsb 0A 2A

you could buy a new 6850 for around 100 bucks if you price shop they run well and most overclock well also.

it will run on a 400w power supply if you can also find a 50 $ e6600 then your on the right track. and if its a GO edition 3ghz to 3.2 ghz should be easy enough. but im not sure what mobo you have if its a intel mobo you wont be able to overclock.

I would upgrade the PSU, then GPU and finally CPU + HSF for OCing. I know your current budget is $140 but it won't be like that forever. Keep an eye to where you want/need to be.

A good PSU is important, don't skimp on this. Look for something Antec, XFX, Seasonic, Corsair, some OCZ, just to name a few. The GPU upgrade will be the most noticeable for games. The CPU upgrade with be most noticeable for the general computing experience.

Yea it is an Intel Mobo and I won't be able to overclock I' ve tried everything.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699017
I 'will buy E 6600 or 6850 for sure and the I will collect money for HD 4850.. :D :D

The "6850" mentioned is a GPU, the HD6850, and you could probably find a used one around $100.

You need to make sure which E6600 your board supports, there's a 65nm Conroe E6600 and there's a 45nm Wolfdale E6600. The Conroe E6600 can be had for $40-50 on the used market.

You could possibly upgrade both the CPU and GPU and stay within your budget if you wanted.

Back