• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good companion for a radeon hd 6990 x2 4gb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bhajun

Registered
random question. i upgraded to a radeon hd 6990 x2 4gb vid card last year. still loving it! my system has room for me to slot in another vid card in the x16 slot and put the cards in crossfire.

my question to the masses is, what would be a good companion card? the 6990 are not available on newegg, i'm guessing they've been discontinued with the new pci 3.0 cards. unless i do a motherboard overhaul, no need to pick up a 3.0 card.

any / all suggestion, two-cents appreciated.

thanks,
-bhajun

lol earthdog

if you have the cash and your mobo lets it. go on ebay for another 6990 but 6970 if not

Ha! Sorry to 'hate', just dont see a point. Not sure what that CANT play unless he is running multiple monitors.

Looking at the rig in his sig, that money is clearly spent on getting a new PC that actually pushes his CURRENT card, none the less another.

thanks everyone for your two-cents.

my sig was old when i posted, the one now should be up-to-date.

i do have a multi-monitor system. got a couple 27" samsung 1ms lcd's.

as far as the potential upgrade, i don't "need" it. but it's been a year since my last addition and i'm getting a little restless. so i was just curious as to what folks had to say is all.

again, that's for the commentary!

Back