• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cutting back on my Folding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Hey there fellas. I've been a quiet T32 member for the past several years, but unfortunately, I'm going to have to go from a full time folder when I'm not at home to just a part time folder :( The electric bill is just too high when my monster PC is crunching away at 100% load and drawing a lot of power. We've also decided to cut off the air during the day when we're not home, as well as unplugging our TVs when we leave to save on the electric bill.

It's a very sad feeling for sure. I enjoy contributing what little I can to the team, and this just sets me back from reaching 5 million points before the summer's over :(

Don't worry though- I'm not quitting!

-Dave

Pleasure has been ours, Dave. Higher electric rates have caused many of us to have to cut back - some have even had to quit folding entirely.

Take care, and I hope to see you on the forum, whether you're folding or not.

Quitting is for quitters!!! And Dave is not a quitter!!! :)

Understandable for sure Dave... come back with a vengeance when finances allow.

Always good to see you Super Dave, wether your folding or not. :beer:

I am looking at 40 MPG cars right now, to supplement my income. :)
That would be about 25 more MPG then I am getting now.

I Know exactly how you feel Dave, you have been a valued contributor to Team32, sorry to also hear your Bills have sky-rocketed too, same reason I had to stop, but you still are a valued Member regardless of your current circumstances.

Dave,

Folding or not, you're always going to be a valued team member. :attn:

I'm willing to bet that when finances permit, you'll be once again in the fold.

foldon.gif

Back