• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quad Core Q8200 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Palm

Is there any way I can overclock me Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz?

That depends... what model of motherboard do you have, and is it installed in an OEM PC like a Dell, HP, etc. or a home-built unit?

Motherboard:
motherboard.png

And I have a Dell not self-built.

Then no... it can't be overclocked other than by possibly locating the on-board clock generator, and checking to see if either ClockGen or SetFSB are compatible.

Since it is a Dell, they have a locked down BIOS. The only way to overclock would be through software, such as ClockGen or SetFSB. If the PLL isn't in those programs, you are pretty much out of luck. There may be some pad-mods for these, but it probably isn't worth it.

Something to consider if your PLL is in those programs: The board may not have locked PCI/PCIe buses. So, as you raise the northbridge speed, you are overclocking buses that shouldn't be touched. This can create massive instability and hard drive data corruption.

Honestly, it isn't worth overclocking OEM systems, at all.

Ok I wil try SetFSB, I have already tried Clockgen and that don't works. :(

Back