• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling starter Kit???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xander89

Just wonderin if anyone has any experience with this kit.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/XSPC-Rasa-750-RS360-WaterCooling/dp/B004P65QWM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_computers_2

The CPU ill be colling is a 2700k.

Whats the block/Pump/rad like? I'm hopfully going to get my new haf x ( which i will be able to house a 360 rad at the top and a single 120 on the outake ) and this kit at the end of next month when i get paid again ( this month i have too much going out to warrant buying it)

I was going to run a loop with just my cpu in it to start. Then hopfully when i have the money upgrade to a gtx680 and cool it on the same loop. I was just wondering if this pump will be able to handle the GPU in it as well? Also will a triple and a single rad give me enough cooling? ( keeping in mind i will most likely have the CPU at around 5 ghz and my GPU will be overclocked too)

Cheers :attn:

also... in terms of pipe size whats the general consensus these days on whats best?

It's good kit, but for a 2700k oc'd to the max as well as a gtx680, then you will need to go custom. My opinion since you are already thinking about it is to go custom from the beginning:)

Actually that's one awsome kit. If you plan on H20-ing th 680, then I suggest adding a 2nd rad. This kit will do really well with a set of Gentle Typhoon fans.

I'm using that exact same block and rad on my 920. Clocked @ 4.2 with 1.36v my idles at 38-40c and loads around 55-ish across the board. My video cards are not H20'ed.

Yep, an extra 240 rad will allow you to have a cool AND silent system.
This should already handle the 2700k and the GTX680 at stock without problem (95w+195w on full load).
The additional 240 would bring the sweet sound of silence to your ears, even with an heavy OC (4.8GHz CPU=+/-130W and 15%OC on the GPU=+/-230W)

That kit isn't bad. The pump is okay, the tubing and clamps that come with it are okay. The CPU block is pretty good also.

For a CPU and one GPU block you will be fine. Make sure it's the 750 pump, not a smaller size.

That kit is sold at many watercooling stores, and possibly even cheaper.

Martin just posted a test review of the RS vs the RX rad, from the same company.

xtreme systems forum.

In the future you might get a better pump and a different res, but the rad and CPU block will last pretty much forever. Adding another 240 to the kit would be just fine to cool your setup with the CPU/GPU.

I'm gonna wait for the G110 chip, I was thinking of the 680 with the G104, but I'll wait.

hey guys sorry about not replying sooner. Ive been so busy with work and on my weekend i hardly had time to even get on my computer.

Thanks for the replies. Well i would love to house everything within the case but im not sure if t will be possible when i add my gfx card to it. I'm not sure what to do with my gfx card. At the moment I'm running a gtx 480 soc which runs on par with a gtx 580 @ stock. So its not like I'm having any issues running games maxed out of a 22" screen. But obviously i want to sell it before its worth squat. When are the G110 chips coming out? you think ti would be most cost effective to wait for them rather than buying a gtx 680 at the peak of its price? ( sorry going a little offtopic at the moment. )

I mean the main thing that i was worried about was the block, im glad everything is of an orite standard. Im not looking to spend a huge amount on my first kit. And this seems like a nice kinda price. (150 all in isnt bad at all)

I mean as far as im aware this kit isnt pre assembled. Its just as if i were to buy the parts seperate ( apart from the Price. ). I wasnt even aware that the clamps and tubing came with it? haha. well thats a bonus. Do you think this will be enough tubing ( with the added mistakes which are of course going to happen, this being my first WC setup.)

Also do people recomend just buing distilled water and adding pigments to it or buy it pre mixed like the EK stuff? Wana go red to match my haf x, although im not decided on that, cant decide whether to wait a bit longer and grab a corsair 800d or just buy a hafx??? ( gona spraypaint the heatsinks on my asus z68 mobo too.)

cheers

I and others have just use distilled + biocide or silver coil with no ill effects. Personally i only use distilled + silvercoil.

If you want the look of colors, most people will suggest just getting colored tubing.

Let me tell you that just as stated previously, distilled is the best with a biocide of some sort. Using dye "is" okay, I am not going to lie to you, BUT it come with A LOT more maintenance for sure.

On the case, they are both really nice setups. In the end it comes down to your personal preference not ours:D

fair play. where would be the best place to order water etc from ( Uk)? not sure as the only water that is supplied by the main outlets here is the EK coloured stuff. Nar i dont want the coloured tubing, i prefere the more see thru nature of clear piping with coloured water. just think it looks nicer.

Also i was wondering does anyone know of a mobo block that will fit a asus z68 gen 3? I think that just cpu loops look a bit messy. Thinking of adding my mobo to it purely for aesthetics. ( then i will probs get a better pump/rez when i decide to H20 the gfx card i decide to get. ) If not it aint a massive issue. i just think there is alota tubing flying around when you are just cooling your cpu ( or from what ive seen.)

Last edited:
UK uses deionized water, also called battery water. Hard to find distilled there. Pretty much the same, it's clean pure water, thats all you need. Don't go buying lab grade water or bottles of 'snake oil' at 7 Euro each, that's silly.

I know of some UK folks that use it with no issues. It will take about 2 liters to fill your loop at the very max. Since it's not very expensive, buy the 5 liter jug I have seen people post pics of.

Colored water (also called dye, teeny particulates floating in the water) can cause issues. I don't like issues like most of us don't. But it's your stuff. Had a memeber last year that used dye, he came back later and said he shoulda listened...........

hmmmm thats a little annoying, I didnt realise dyed water caused so many issues. What kidna probs do you run into?

i assumed it wouldnt have that much of an effect unless you put in LOADS of dye. If thats the case how does the EK stuff do in relation to this? Does it still have the same probs as if i did it myself?( wteva they may be :p)

i dont mind forking out £15 for coloured water if its gona stop it from causing problems.

There is a article about it in the sticky's. About gunking up the block, staining your tubes and res, gunking up the pump impeller. The list goes on. It's okay if you maintain it frequently.

Back