• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu burn in and high temps!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

12am

after reading a good cpu burn in artice which stated that you should lower your cpu to just below normal values and pump up the voltage, I decided to try it but also in the article it said to keep temps as low as you could or the burn in won't work properly... now I'm runnin the vcore at 1.85, first is that too high??? and second my load temps go from 40c to 47c is that to high to properly burn in my cpu??? any suggestions appreciated!

you should do it like this:

1. Raise your voltage as high as possible in the BIOS, wiretricked,etc.

2. Drop your FSB to the minimum available (probably 66)

3. Run a stress program for several hours, and watch your temps...

Different set-ups will give you different temps, you will have to be the judge of what's too hot...and welcome to the forums

what'z the chip you are using? to be honest, i once saw some crazy japanese dudes burn-in at temp as high as 70c for an hour...that way, them only needed to burn-in for like max 2 hours then they were good to go. but DONT DO IT!!

adjust your fsb to 66 (if you can go lower, do it) then increase your vcore to the max. then open progy like (prime95) and f@h, or seti. a week is good, somebody does it like for a month, personally, 2 days is way too long.

several days of prime95 should do just fine...after cranking it back up again from there I recommend running SETI or folding 24x7 to keep your CPU at 100% usage

Back