• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The "Take a Guess" RMA Game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowmonk

Had to RMA my gtx 480 back to PNY as the fan exploded into little pieces.

I have a feeling what i should expect for a replacement but i'd like
to hear your opinions of what you think they will send. Card was nice while it lasted but in the end the high fan profile for the "Nvidia series Foreman Grill"
just could'nt cope.

The GTX480 isn't very old, so I'm sure you'll get one as a replacement. The only time I've heard of "upgrade" replacements in an RMA is when the card sent in is VERY old and the manufacturer offered a lifetime warranty.

Expect to wait awhile; so far I'm not impressed; sent my two 470s back and its been over 2 weeks after they "received" the cards; no response. After 4 phone calls still not getting anywhere, I've been promised callbacks and the whole bit; nothing. After seeing this post I'm going to call them again, their website sez explicitly 10 business day processing time and today is day 10.

I'm almost tempted to take em to small claims court if I don't get the cards back or at least a response from the mfgr in another week.

Expect to wait awhile; so far I'm not impressed; sent my two 470s back and its been over 2 weeks after they "received" the cards; no response. After 4 phone calls still not getting anywhere, I've been promised callbacks and the whole bit; nothing. After seeing this post I'm going to call them again, their website sez explicitly 10 business day processing time and today is day 10.

I'm almost tempted to take em to small claims court if I don't get the cards back or at least a response from the mfgr in another week.

Good to see you still melting gpu's just like in the old days bro. :D

Originally they were denying my claim, then i sent them a copy of the review I had done at the time for that card and all of a sudden my phone rings and they tell me to ship the card back immediately and it would all be taken care of. PNY customer support has suffered greatly since they tried to "expand" their product line through divisions and subsidiaries. Once I have a response i'll let you know and you can PM me your info and RMA number and i'll have a little chat with them.

Originally they were denying my claim, then i sent them a copy of the review I had done at the time for that card and all of a sudden my phone rings and they tell me to ship the card back immediately and it would all be taken care of. PNY customer support has suffered greatly since they tried to "expand" their product line through divisions and subsidiaries. Once I have a response i'll let you know and you can PM me your info and RMA number and i'll have a little chat with them.

What the ****? I haven't got one of these jackals to call me back yet and you manage to? Unreal! Here I am filling out stuff with the BBB and getting ready to put together a small claims case...

What the ****? I haven't got one of these jackals to call me back yet and you manage to? Unreal! Here I am filling out stuff with the BBB and getting ready to put together a small claims case...
Playing battlefield 3 this morning and my 7950 went poof, looks like another rma, i hope powercolor has better customer service than pny lol

Playing battlefield 3 this morning and my 7950 went poof, looks like another rma, i hope powercolor has better customer service than pny lol

PowerColour? the only brand of cards i have ever had problems with was PowerColour...

I don't touch them now, i would rather spend that little bit more and get anything but.

If i was you i would send them the difference for a different brand along with your RMA.

I actually had the reverse exeprience RMAing my wife powercolor 6670. The one comment I will make is that there was about 3 weeks where I sat around asking myself did my card get lost in the mail? I got the email stating they received my card 2 days after I received the replacement.

In away I miss BFG GPU's. BFG were great with me. I had a 4400 TI fry on me after like 4 years, Sent in my RMA yada yada, waited like 4 weeks. Boom in the mail comes an 7600 GT. I was like WOW..
Had Bad RMA experiance with Asus, but that was in 2000, i hope they are much better now, since i got a Crosshair V formula and a DCII GTX 570

PNY sent the card right back to me, with an RMA notice saying i tampered with the card. Funny thing is the RMA report attached to the card isn't what i sent them....

Contacted their facebook customer service team, letting them know my situation
and that in 20 years of hardware purchasing never have I been treated so poorly.

Last edited:
PNY sent the card right back to me, with an RMA notice saying i tampered with the card. Funny thing is the RMA report attached to the card isn't what i sent them....

Contacted their facebook customer service team, letting them know my situation
and that in 20 years of hardware purchasing never have I been treated so poorly.

You didn't happen to make a note of the serial number before you sent it?

Check the number on the box with the one on the card, see if they match.

Its my card all right, I can tell because they sent back all the pcs of the fan in the bag.
Like i said they have a chance to fix this before i take any action on my end.

Its my card all right, I can tell because they sent back all the pcs of the fan in the bag.
Like i said they have a chance to fix this before i take any action on my end.

This Sucks..... what (if anything) did you do to it?

He told me to blow it out with canned compressed air, so i did, nothing out of the ordinary, when i put it back in and tried to underclock it with the fan @100% the fan started making a grinding noise and then broke apart.

Had to have my lawyer contact PNY, after showing him the
letter they sent me he said he would make a few calls, yesterday
I get home from work and I have a package, a vanilla GTX 580 with
a "we're sorry" note attached....my roomate will have a new vid card installed
tommorow, and I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING MADE BY PNY AGAIN.

Back