• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD's flagship 7990 -> Info here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diaz

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-hd-7990-images-details-surface/

The card, in terms of specifications will come with a 1 GHz core clock speed with the memory clocked to 1250 MHz.

The card will come with 6GB of DDR5 memory that is allocated as 3GB per GPU. The GPUs will both have 2048 stream processors each and the card being powered up by two 8 pin connectors. In terms of display, there will be one dual-link DVI port, with the additional four mini DisplayPort connectors.

The card is slated for a proper hard launch by AMD on the 17th of April and the price has been set at US $849.

This would be quite the monster performer! :drool:

That actually isn't a bad price point. Especially if you look at it compared to two 7970's.

I know I'm saving up for next.... :D

Or maybe get 2x 7970s....I wonder if one will be a little better then the other.

850$ only? I truly did expect much higher price.

Just wonder how to get appropriate cooler to cool down that beast at high clocks, without to much noise (if we dont go WC). However, the price to performance ratio is probably unbeatable as long as Nvidia doesnt place a hard counter hit. Considering Nvidias recent release i dont expect it to soon, probably middle of year.

did any one check that link mid way though the article.

theres a federal goverment seizure picture and considering that yesterday (technicaly) was April 1st i dont know if this is a legit one or not.

odd

did any one check that link mid way though the article.

theres a federal goverment seizure picture and considering that yesterday (technicaly) was April 1st i dont know if this is a legit one or not.

odd
It was their April Fools joke.

aint the 7970's kinda obsolete with the 680 out? Interested in the 7990 though nom nom. Trying to decide what my next card is gona be :p hehe

aint the 7970's kinda obsolete with the 680 out? Interested in the 7990 though nom nom. Trying to decide what my next card is gona be :p hehe

7970's are not obsolete. the 7970 seems to be a bit easier to overclock and even once both cards are overclocked the 7970 is able to make up a lot of ground. Just given their price point the gtx 680 still wins out. although with the non reference 7970's come out they are likely to overclock very nicely and surpass the gtx 680 until they get released in non reference cards.

What type of use will your card get? do you run multiple monitors? if you don't then there is not point in getting a dual GPU setup. so go with either a 7970 or gtx 680. if you don't plan on really pushing the overclock on your card then just buy a gtx 680. it will be the winner there, but it all comes down to price and performance.

hope that helps. :)

well i was planing on h20ing my gfx card, and doing some pretty heavy overclocking ( so i would need a reff card anyhu). But i feel i would need a heavy Oc on the 7970 to surpass the 680 and why not just go the 680 and a mild OC will put it beyond what the 7970 can reach?

considering they are the same price for reference ones i feel its a no brainer atm :p. My card will be pretty much for gaming thats it, and its seems the 680 hits the 7970 in most benchmarks. thanks for the advice though dude. I'm gaming on a single screen atm. Ive never seen the point of duel/ triple monitor setups. Its essentially like having a 2 inch think line running midway through your view. ( even if it is extended) hehe

well i was planing on h20ing my gfx card, and doing some pretty heavy overclocking ( so i would need a reff card anyhu). But i feel i would need a heavy Oc on the 7970 to surpass the 680 and why not just go the 680 and a mild OC will put it beyond what the 7970 can reach?

considering they are the same price for reference ones i feel its a no brainer atm :p. My card will be pretty much for gaming thats it, and its seems the 680 hits the 7970 in most benchmarks. thanks for the advice though dude. I'm gaming on a single screen atm. Ive never seen the point of duel/ triple monitor setups. Its essentially like having a 2 inch think line running midway through your view. ( even if it is extended) hehe

I have 3 27" monitor and I don't notice the line, by the way the bezel is 1 inch.

It makes everything more immersive but I usually don't luck much on the side screens, if not to spot somebody

Back