Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > AMD CPUs
AMD CPUs
Forum Jump

Can I overclock my AMD Phenom II X6 1035t ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread
 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-01-12, 11:39 AM Thread Starter   #1
O n y x
Registered



Join Date: Apr 2012

 
Can I overclock my AMD Phenom II X6 1035t ?


Can I overclock my AMD Phenom II X6 1035t, running in a ACER M3400 ?
O n y x is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-01-12, 11:49 AM   #2
redduc900
Super Moderator


 
redduc900's Avatar 

Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: WCG@home in Portland

10 Year Badge
 
Yes, w/ SetFSB. The M3400 utilizes the ICS9LPRS475BGLF clock generator, the same as the HP Pavilion P6537C/P6520F/P6610F/P6612P series, all of which SetFSB supports.

redduc900 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-01-12, 12:25 PM Thread Starter   #3
O n y x
Registered



Join Date: Apr 2012

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redduc900 View Post
Yes, w/ SetFSB. The M3400 utilizes the ICS9LPRS475BGLF clock generator, the same as the HP Pavilion P6537C/P6520F/P6610F/P6612P series, all of which SetFSB supports.
Can you tell me what to change/what to do ?
As I have no idea, are you sure doing this wont brick my computer ?
O n y x is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-01-12, 12:28 PM   #4
dtrunk
Member

 
dtrunk's Avatar 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kailua-Kona, HI

 
almost all computers can be overclocked; it's a matter of how much. Safe? Break things? depends. If you add a 5-10% overclock, it should be stable and have little to no effect on the life of the hardware. Beyond that, you'll need proper cooling and stability test to get 15-25% overclock.

you should read this, amazing. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=596023

__________________
CASE: HAF - X BUILD PICS
PSU: Cooler Master 850W Silent
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.1ghz 1.2v
Custom Water Cooling Loop - XSPC RX360 w/ Swiftech Helix 120s - 2x Magicool 140.1 w/ Bgear Blaster 140s
- EK Suprm HF CPU Block - XSPC RezTop on MCP350 pump -Tubed in Black n coiled in RED
GPU: EVGA GTX680 HydroCopper @1267 GPU / 7098 Mem
MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 @ 2133 9-11-10 1.5v
HD: OCZ Agility3 SATAIII 120gb : 3TB 7200rpm SATAII 64mb cache
dtrunk is offline Benching Profile Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-01-12, 12:35 PM Thread Starter   #5
O n y x
Registered



Join Date: Apr 2012

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrunk View Post
almost all computers can be overclocked; it's a matter of how much. Safe? Break things? depends. If you add a 5-10% overclock, it should be stable and have little to no effect on the life of the hardware. Beyond that, you'll need proper cooling and stability test to get 15-25% overclock.

you should read this, amazing. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=596023
so for a normal computer overclocking is useless with out a good cooling system ?
I just want to make my Phenom at peak performance but keeping to safe and not damaging the computer components or the computer its self.
I just want my computer to be a little faster. Does upping the Ghz make it faster ? and is that safe ?

Last edited by O n y x; 04-01-12 at 12:42 PM.
O n y x is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-01-12, 12:42 PM   #6
dtrunk
Member

 
dtrunk's Avatar 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kailua-Kona, HI

 
you can get an extra 5-10% on the stock cooler; and with simply adding like 20 clicks to the FSB (front side bus). You should however look in to CPUZ Hardware Monitor software, run this 24/7 and monitor the core temps and other temps. Im not sure on the 1035t, but you need to look around and confirm, but for my PHII 925 the sweet spot is below 55 degree C. with aftermarket cooling (hyper212) my temps dropped 20-15C (quite worth the $40); as i'm almost getting an extra 1ghz of speed.

__________________
CASE: HAF - X BUILD PICS
PSU: Cooler Master 850W Silent
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.1ghz 1.2v
Custom Water Cooling Loop - XSPC RX360 w/ Swiftech Helix 120s - 2x Magicool 140.1 w/ Bgear Blaster 140s
- EK Suprm HF CPU Block - XSPC RezTop on MCP350 pump -Tubed in Black n coiled in RED
GPU: EVGA GTX680 HydroCopper @1267 GPU / 7098 Mem
MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 @ 2133 9-11-10 1.5v
HD: OCZ Agility3 SATAIII 120gb : 3TB 7200rpm SATAII 64mb cache
dtrunk is offline Benching Profile Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-01-12, 12:53 PM Thread Starter   #7
O n y x
Registered



Join Date: Apr 2012

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrunk View Post
you can get an extra 5-10% on the stock cooler; and with simply adding like 20 clicks to the FSB (front side bus). You should however look in to CPUZ Hardware Monitor software, run this 24/7 and monitor the core temps and other temps. Im not sure on the 1035t, but you need to look around and confirm, but for my PHII 925 the sweet spot is below 55 degree C. with aftermarket cooling (hyper212) my temps dropped 20-15C (quite worth the $40); as i'm almost getting an extra 1ghz of speed.
How much extra Ghz could I get on a stock cooler ? I wanna get atleast 3.0Ghz, atm, my cpu gets 2.6Ghz, would 5%-10% increase it to 3.0 ?
And how can I do this ? (20 click to FSB ) and is it simple ? Can you link me to a tut
O n y x is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-01-12, 01:08 PM   #8
dtrunk
Member

 
dtrunk's Avatar 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kailua-Kona, HI

 
the problem is all PC manufactures thought it would be fun to use different terminology... DOH! this is a learning process. yes, jumping up the FSB by about 20 clicks maybe all you need to do; but you need to double check settings in CPUZ, heat in hw monitor and test stability in Prime95

This means you NEED to read this guide... http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=596023 you NEED to boot up in to your BIOS and look around, find the settings you can change, see what they're named, and see what affect they have. you NEED to seach OC.com for your mobo and others to see what settings these people have changed. you NEED at least HWmonitor/CPUZ/prime95 for monitoring settings/heat and testing stability. <--- from all this, you should easily be able to find that 10% your stock cooler would allow.

__________________
CASE: HAF - X BUILD PICS
PSU: Cooler Master 850W Silent
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.1ghz 1.2v
Custom Water Cooling Loop - XSPC RX360 w/ Swiftech Helix 120s - 2x Magicool 140.1 w/ Bgear Blaster 140s
- EK Suprm HF CPU Block - XSPC RezTop on MCP350 pump -Tubed in Black n coiled in RED
GPU: EVGA GTX680 HydroCopper @1267 GPU / 7098 Mem
MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 @ 2133 9-11-10 1.5v
HD: OCZ Agility3 SATAIII 120gb : 3TB 7200rpm SATAII 64mb cache
dtrunk is offline Benching Profile Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-01-12, 01:18 PM Thread Starter   #9
O n y x
Registered



Join Date: Apr 2012

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrunk View Post
the problem is all PC manufactures thought it would be fun to use different terminology... DOH! this is a learning process. yes, jumping up the FSB by about 20 clicks maybe all you need to do; but you need to double check settings in CPUZ, heat in hw monitor and test stability in Prime95

This means you NEED to read this guide... http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=596023 you NEED to boot up in to your BIOS and look around, find the settings you can change, see what they're named, and see what affect they have. you NEED to seach OC.com for your mobo and others to see what settings these people have changed. you NEED at least HWmonitor/CPUZ/prime95 for monitoring settings/heat and testing stability. <--- from all this, you should easily be able to find that 10% your stock cooler would allow.
I Cant boot up BIOS, as I have a acer m3400 mobo, can I still use the SetFBS app ? Would 5% be ok on a stock cooler ?
O n y x is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > AMD CPUs
AMD CPUs
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Mobile Skin
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
You can add these icons by updating your profile information to include your Heatware ID, Benching Profile ID or your Folding/SETI profile ID. Edit your profile!
X

Welcome to Overclockers.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this the best community on the Internet since 1998!


(4 digit year)

Why Join Us?

  • Share experience
  • Max out your hardware
  • Best forum members anywhere
  • Customized forum experience

Already a member?