• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SK-6 and new XP2000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Carl Salinas

Hi,
I just built a new (and my first) system:
Athlon xp 2000+
Abit KR7A-133 motherboard
512 Corsair DDR
SK-6 had Delta 38 fan now with 80mm fan
Aopen CD/RW
80 gig WD hard drive
Antec 1040 server case with 400w ps
getting Geforce4 TI4600 today:D

Anyway, I wanted to thank this forum and its moderators for all the valuable insight into making this machine. It runs great! I originally had the Delta 60mm 38 on, but it was too loud for the rest of my family. After reading many of the post on this subject I tried an 80mm fan, and it works well. My temps have gone up about 3 degrees C, but they still are acceptable. I currently am running about 45 idle and 48-52 while running programs. I wanted to write to let ya'll know that your input to these forums is greatly appreciated.

Do you have any case fans going in that thing? Those temps seem a bit on the high side. I run an SK-6 on mildly overclocked XP1800's and they run at 38 degrees idle, 42 degrees full load.
I use a Thermaltake 60mm Fan undervolted at 7 volts. My case fans (2) are also running at 7 volts. With everything at 12 volts I knock 3 degrees off all my temps.

Make sure you have good airflow, those temps are not horrendous but they seem a tad high. Have fun.

yea I would say those temps are still sorta high

try taking your side off the case and point a house fan at it

if temps go down thin you prolly need more case fans

if they dont really move thin you should maybe try to reseat your heatsink

PS: I love that system you got there!!!

Back