• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GT520 benchmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_Musician2

So I used Furmark to gauge my gt520 (yes I understand it is a very mediocre card. People yell at me and throw things at me when I even say it's name) and my stock results were pretty disappointing. I was getting about 4 FPS, ran it for about 10 min and it was up to 67 C. Is this right? For stock settings? Am I running this benchmark right?

Im not sure. The furmark benchmark isnt a common benchmark people run... nor it is a common card around these parts. Hopefully someone with one will see this thread and help out with the exact testing.

Dont fret though, run 3DMark Vantage and/or 3dMark 11 and post those scores up. Its a benchmark more commonly used so people can help judge it. You can also use the Futuremark database to compare similar systems to your to get a good comparison.

Ok thanks for the advice. I tried to download 3dmark 11 from major geeks and it doesnt seem to be working. I'll keep looking.

For anyone that does use FurMark, I turned off the furry image rendering and it improved by fps substantially. The only problem is, stock, with all of the bells and whistles turned on in the nvidia control panel, I'm getting 86-87 frames with 72 being my average and about 48 C. I'm afraid I'm not stressing the card enough now, and not getting an accurate representation.

What resolution and options were you running? I only get around 7 fps with my GTX 260, so yours sounds about right.

The resolution I'm running is 1440x900. About the furry donut, just so I'm clear, disabling the rendering of the furry donut is a realistic benchmark, where enabling it is like a "hardcore" style benchmark?

Back