• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on whats my bottle neck

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acidknight

Disabled
I have a toshiba satelite c675d amd 64bit windows 7.
4gigs of ram. 450hd
thinks duel core 1.3mhz but Im not positive.

I know its not the best labtop but I don't get these issues.

If I open two things at once programs or even folders one or bolth stop responding or hang for along time. I seem to only be able to do one thing at a time which I hate I would think this computer could multi task. I try move one folder to another it takes forever. Even when its on my computer not to USB but folder to folder and not large folders.

I have used very little of the HD 50gigs only I don't download tons of crap. I keep everything updated. I don't over use the Graphics card or anything I have done everything I can think of from runing disk cllean up, to hd check to running CC cleaner basic stuff. I used be heavy into computer but its been along time and I never had a labtop so maybe its just not same as a desk top. I just want it to not freeze so much not hang as much, once in awhile it won't restart either I have been told the mother board has issues though its brand new and beside restarting a lot the only thing I can think of is I do run avast along with microsoft secutiry

So my question is quite simply.

Is there something simple im missing. Something I can run to check whats the issue bottle neck. I remember when 128mb of ram was a lot so 4 gigs.... I would think my computer would be lighting fast. Maybe im being weird but my smart phone is faster lol.. its not horrible it works for what I use it so long as I don't try to game I just hate when it frezzes and with everything being new and up to date and knowing its clean I can't understand that issue

I wonder if maybe its the cpu? any easy way find out my problem beside user error lol. Thanks.

btw in safe mode its super fast. no issues.

Sounds to me like it might be your HDD, since laptop HDD's are slower than even standard desktop drives. most laptop drives are 5400rpm have less cache while the standard for desktop is 7200 rpm.

Back