• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to clean a gfx pcb ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Creep-DK

As stated above im wondering what would be the best way to clean up a gfx pcb, my old one has some stains on it from previous owner i believe he managed to spill coke on it...without ruining the card....now that ive gotten a new one im gonna sell it but i really dont wanna sell off a card looking dirty...
So how do one clean it without damaging the card ?

The best way that I found to clean a card is to get isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol), pour it over the card, and then use a toothbrush. Once you've scrubbed it off, use more alcohol to rinse. It depends what is on the card, though.

That was what i was thinking about using, just wanted to know if others use that or perhaps something else... as i said i have a hunch its cola :shrug:
Thx mate :thup:

Btw its more or less obviously on the back side so pouring isopropyl alcohol on it should be rather easy;)

Yup, that should be very easy, then. I would let it sit in a well-ventilated area for a few hours (or longer, if possible) since it can get under components, which slows down the evaporation time.

Get the Highest % you can get, 91 is good, but some places sell 93-95%. Get the highest concentrate you can. The higher % the less water that is in there, just be take it slow, dont PUSH and scrub, let the weight of the toothbrush do it for ya. it wont be hard..

you might need to poor a little, wait 5 min, poor a little more, then lightly scrub, poor to rinse, and poor to rinse again just to be sure. I'd let the card sit for 2 days before testing. I never had to do this to a vid card, but have to a keyboard.

Back