• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCMARK Vantage | My score of 6911...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyij

Hi, and thanks for viewing my fourm.

Obviously I am new here but it is definately not the first time I have been to the site. :attn:

I just ran PCMARK on my system for the first time, a few months after getting my system together.

I ended up with a score of 6911 and did the tests at resolution 1024x768, 8 AA, Optimal Filtering, and ran the test 3 times to average it.

I am just wondering where I fall in rankings...

My current setup is as follows: (also going to post my price & tell me if you think it was worth it, as I believe so).
  • AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz (OC'ed to 4.2) Hex Core $135
  • Corsair H60 $65
  • 8GB G. Skill Sniper @ 1333MHz (will upgrade soon) $40
  • HIS Radeon 6950 (have not unlocked it to 70 yet) 2GB $250
  • NZXT Fan Controller (for looks) $22
  • Logisys CC8, NB Cu Heatsink $19
  • Zalman ZM-RC1000 RAM Fans $20
  • Cooler Master 550W PSU $55
  • ASROCK 970 MOBO $85
  • Thermaltake V3 Case $37
  • G13 Gaming Keypad $30
  • Black Ops Stealth Mouse $40
  • Standard WD 7200 RPM 500GB HDD $40
  • Wireless Keyboard (w/ mouse) $40
  • Blue-ray Burner $110
I did the total and I have right at $1000 into my system, not including Speakers or headphones or my cheap eyefinity monitors)

Also I am thinking on water cooling my rig (CPU + GPU) rather than the H60 as my temps for the Radeon are idling at 68C and go up to 90-92C when active for longer periods. Also looking to get 1 600GB WD Velraptor or RAID 2 300GB ones; how much of a difference would I see?

Thanks All! :blah:

(PS: my Res for eyefinity is currently at 3072 x 768)

:comp:

Attachments

• Results_1.pdf
    468.5 KB · Views: 50
Is be scared of those temps I'm no amd expert but they seem really high

Is be scared of those temps I'm no amd expert but they seem really high

It's my Radeon temps that get that high.

With my H60 my CPU idles between 18-24 / when doing little and maxes around 34C in games.

I know I can buy an aftermarket cooler but did not know if it would be better in the long run to invest like $250 into WC

ohhhh haha i thought that was your cpu temps :D gah hate reading on my phone

Hi kyij, I was looking at the reviews on your case and they didn't seem too bad. One thing that stood out to me was, one of the reviewers found gpu temperatures under load a little high. How many case fans do you have, I read just 1 120mm? Maybe you need to add some high quality fans and get better airflow in that case.

lol... I have 5 120mm fans (One pulling in air through front and bottom, then on the back, one pushing out and 2 on top pushing out (one on top is for h60)) then I have the PSU fan, which doesn't count, 2 ram fans, and the standard gpu fan in the card.

lol... I have 5 120mm fans (One pulling in air through front and bottom, then on the back, one pushing out and 2 on top pushing out (one on top is for h60)) then I have the PSU fan, which doesn't count, 2 ram fans, and the standard gpu fan in the card.
Interesting that the gpu is still getting that hot. I'm assuming that it is a fairly new system so dust shouldn't be an issue, is it?

Interesting that the gpu is still getting that hot. I'm assuming that it is a fairly new system so dust shouldn't be an issue, is it?

No not really. I mean, most of time, I have the side panel, but it's not like I let dust pile up for years to come. I know I could put the side back on and buy dust covers but don't feel like it.

Back