• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX6100 idle 1.70GHZ stress 4.60GHZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vinnir

Registered
Hello,

I have overclocked my amd fx 6100 to 4.60 GHZ but if the processor is idle its at 1.70GHZ and if my processors becomes at more load or stress, it jumps to 4.60.

How can i do it that its ALWAYS to 4.60 GHZ instead of boosting it to 4.60GHZ under load?

Disable Cool'n'Quiet from Bios. I would recommend leaving it on though, no need for it to be 4.6 GHz on idle.

Also disable Turbo. Your bios may call it "Turbo Core" or "Turbo Boost" or something similar. And also disable C1E. Then go into Windows Control Panel Power Options and configure it to High Performance. That should take care of a lot of the down-throttling "green" stuff. You'll have to look around in bios. These thing are typically found scattered around. Some of them might be in the main overclocking tweaker section or in the CPU profile section or in Advanced. You need to give us more information about your system. What motherboard do you have and what memory? What are you cooling the CPU with? What case and PSU do you have?

Motherboard = asus sabertooth 990fx.
My cool n quit is disabled so thats not the thing that fixes it i might disable the turbo boost or something.

c1e disabled
svm enabled
core c6 state enabled
hpc mode disabled
apm master mode auto
amd turbo core technology on auto.

And what does this feutures? Asus discriptions on the features, i dont get wiser by them.

c1e disabled
svm enabled
core c6 state enabled disable this
hpc mode disabled
apm master mode auto
amd turbo core technology on auto. Take it ff Auto and disable it.

And what does this feutures? Asus discriptions on the features, i dont get wiser by them. Bios descriptions within bios seldom explain anything. You might try googling for more information.

Back