• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD w/ Battlefield 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nineteen

Registered
I recently overclocked my 1100t to 4.03Ghz and it passed a 15 hour stress test on Prime95 with 0 errors and ran memtest86 and passed. I decided to benchmark it again with Battlefield 3 but after around 30 minutes I get a BSOD. Temperatures remain around mid to high 30's during game play.

Bf3 was working fine up pre-overclock so it's definitely a CPU-based problem. Could it be that the overclock was unstable even with a 15 hour small FFT? Is Bf3 a CPU-intensive game? My GPU is at stock speeds and should not be the problem but then again, I'm not really an expert.

What's your diagnosis?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 52
Grab Furmark and run that at the same time as Prime95. If that fails, just try Furmark by itself.

Also, please post the details of the BSOD. That will help narrow down the failure. If it goes too fast, check the Windows Event Log; it will be posted in there.

Back