• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sapphire 6850 drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
12.3 doesn't work. i cant install it tried several times yesterday.

Try 12.2 then. There shouldnt be any reason the 12.3 drivers will not work with your card.

anything past 12. wont work. the only driver i got to work is 11.2-11.5 im using 11.2

Yeah, thats a problem, but it isnt in the drivers. Have you tried getting in to safe mode and wiping out all AMD drivers with Driver Cleaner Pro (its free)?

actually i tried all the methods ive seen. like uninstalling it from the install manager. going to safe mode using driver cleaner. still no success. idk why. btw i have the sapphire 6850 dirt 3 edition

i think 12.3 only supports crossfire wont work with any 6850

I've had 12.3 since release.
Did you get the drivers from AMD, or did you go to Sapphire's site? I had an AGP 3850 from Sapphire, and occasionally one of their download links wouldn't download the entire installer, causing it to fail.

well i just installed i think its working but CCC wont open no matter what i do

i got the driver from AMD now im downloading the driver from SAPPHIRE. try and try until you die.

earthdog nope i disabled it on msconfig. let me enable then restart ill get back to you

earthdog im back with no luck. now im gonna uninstall drivers from ati. go to safe mode use driver sweeper. and install the one i downloaded from sapphire.

Its literally the same install package. Go ahead. But something is messed up on your system side if these things are not installing. Personally, Its OS reformat time IMO.

now ccc is working. but i got an error on sapphire saying that AMD ultra low power state is enabled for this CF configuration,
Overclocking a UPLS card will crash the system.
Go to settings then disable ULPS..................

PS it was a successful install just but double clicking the installer package from Sapphire. i didnt run it as administrator.

Back