• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boinc 7 new version

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tek34

Boinc v7 has been released. Has anyone used this yet or upgraded from an existing Boinc 6 version? Will the existing Lunatics optimized applications work as is with the updated Boinc or does it make more sense to wait to update Boinc until new optimized applications are available? Any nice new features to the new version? Any complications?

Tek34, great question. I would watch the Berkeley SETI forum discussion on this topic (after the project comes back from its normal Tuesday maintenance). Personally I usually wait for an optimized client unless there is a persuasive argument otherwise.

I have 7 on my new computer I just built. Really not much difference in anything I can notice. Well nothing really that seems to matter. I don't run full time on this computer. I don't think It is worth worrying about upgrading though. Unless there is something I am missing.

You know I just noticed something. The simple view is a bit different. Other then looks it does give you the ability to to see what is running by a drop down instead of the tiny arrows

Back