• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enough power for GTX 680

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andypwnedyou

Registered
I have a Corsair TX650, and i'm buying a GTX 680. Wondering if that will be enough for this card.

Motherboard- ASUS M4A87TD
AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition Deneb 3.5GHz 125W

Could handle a pair of 680's if you leave everything stock..

With the 650, you can OC the crap out of both CPU and 680.

Thanks guys, yeah its still out of stock everywhere unfortunately. I had an order placed with microcenter.com but they cancelled it because of their no back-order policies. I figured I had enough power, but im still new to the whole building a pc and modification process so i figured i'd ask.

Hopefully newegg gets their EVGA 680's in stock soon! I already promised my GTX 560ti to a friend lol

Thanks guys, yeah its still out of stock everywhere unfortunately. I had an order placed with microcenter.com but they cancelled it because of their no back-order policies. I figured I had enough power, but im still new to the whole building a pc and modification process so i figured i'd ask.

Hopefully newegg gets their EVGA 680's in stock soon! I already promised my GTX 560ti to a friend lol

Blame TSMC for that. There's a long line-up for their fab 28 waffers that they are way behind in supplying. Nvidia, AMD, Qualcomm, and others are all in line.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/tsmc-chip-28nm-gpu-manufacturing,15243.html

Back