• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck Low Clocks after R300 Beta Driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sirpatch

Registered
Hey there everyone, i just updated to R300 beta driver to solve annoying driver crashes, and it seems that if i default my graphics card clocks (GTX 550 Ti), voltage etc it works fine, if i increase the core clock up to 1000mhz its fine (without changing voltage), if i get it over 1000mhz it stays stuck at 999mhz (the clocks), but if i increase voltage, the clocks go to 50mhz..sometimes 450mhz... This just started to happen now, as i had a good OC, with core at 1080mhz..

Hi mate go back to the other drivers you had the good overclock with. Do a driver sweep. R300 drivers are BETA and have probably a few bugs mixed in.

Agreed. Try going all the way back to the 285's if necessary. I've actually noticed my 3dmark score tumbles by 200 or 300 3dmarks every time they've released a new driver from 290.xx on. Problems I had included my overclock no longer being stable, random display driver crashes, and "Driver failed to initialize" message that I sometimes get when my comp boots up. The 285's definitely worked best for my 560ti, anyway. I thought I was just taking the 3dmark score drops a little too seriously at first but now that its happening every time combined with the fact that BF3 just seems to run worse every month (albeit not by a lot), I suspect buggy drivers.

Last edited:
I went back to 295.73 :)
working fine, no driver crashes so far, same overclock as 290.13 or so and that was full of driver crashes. BF3 is going strong so ir pCARS :)

Back