• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My ASUS M4A77D is not working with my 560 TI graphics card. VERY weird.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xcyper33

Ok firstly, let me tell you how this story started, My internet connection was very poor and I went to the back of my PC to fondle around with the antenna. Come to find out that, the internet card came loose because there wasn't a screw back there for it. Push comes to shove, my speaker fell down off of the desk ledge and hit a few wires in the back and my monitor's signal went out. It didn't fall particularly hard or anything, all I know is my signal went out. I tried everything to get the signal back again like unplugging the graphics card (560 ti) and putting it back in (and this worked briefly, I got a signal but I restarted the computer and it was gone again).

Anyway my father and I have two 'gamer' computers, even though the other one is considerably weaker than mine. Let's call mine Computer A, and the weaker one Computer B. We tried to determine if it was my graphics card that got fried or it has something to do with my Mobo. I took the 8800GT out of Computer B and slipped it inside Computer A. Everything came on normally, so we were thinking it was the graphics card...however, we took my 560TI and slipped it inside Computer B, and it works perfectly with Computer B's Mobo. This has caused us heavy confusion. The graphics card is in Computer B right now as I type this, drivers are all up to date, and the temps are nice and cool. Now we think there has to be a problem with Computer A's mobo, but since the 8800GT worked smoothly on it, we don't know.

All we know is Computer A's mobo is not accepting my 560 Ti, but it is accepting my 8800GT. And Computer B accepts both cards without any trouble.

Any ideas?

It could be the motherboard or something else, we need to go through some troubleshooting first.
Have you tried your video card in your pc without your wifi card plugged in, I'm assuming you plugged it back in after finding it was unplugged?
I know you are switch the graphics card, and the 8800GT works fine in your pc, but have tried switching the DVI cable, or whatever cable you are using with your 560 TI?

Try without the wifi card, and change the dvi cable, we should get the small things out the way first...

It could be the motherboard or something else, we need to go through some troubleshooting first.
Have you tried your video card in your pc without your wifi card plugged in, I'm assuming you plugged it back in after finding it was unplugged?
I know you are switch the graphics card, and the 8800GT works fine in your pc, but have tried switching the DVI cable, or whatever cable you are using with your 560 TI?

Try without the wifi card, and change the dvi cable, we should get the small things out the way first...

We changed the DVI cable and ran it without wifi card, same results. I also resetted CMOS and updated bios. Still not getting any signal. Try to remember that the 560Ti works normally on the other Mobo, and the 8800GT works with my mobo, but my mobo will -not- work with the 560Ti anymore.

Ok, now when your speaker dropped, did your wifi card move around, and when you were moving it around and realised it was out of the pci slot, did you by any chance touch it against your gpu or motherboard connections..
1. I'm assuming you have a tower pc, is your graphics card above or below your wifi card?
2. Have you run a full stress test on your 560 in computer B? (Is it fully stable)
3. What motherboard do you have?

If you motherboard has another pci-e 16x slot try the 560 ti in there.

Back