• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help overclocking maximus extreme iv-z 2700k 16gb hyperx genesis

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deseroner

Registered
I switched from maximus formula with e8500 overclocked at 4.4 , now I have a maximus extrme iv-z with 2700k , I am use to chip staying at full throttle .never droping is this normal with new systems , I overclocked to 5.1 then it drops same for auto also. also anyone have 4.8 setups with 2700k everything is new not used.i get 7.93 on super pi 1.5 at auto 4.6 when it is in full throttle wish it was 4.6 always , I am using antec 920 cpu cooler . temps are low. any help will do.

Disable these options...

Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology: Disabled
CPU C1E: Disabled
CPU C3 Report: Disabled
CPU C6 Report: Disabled

For a 4.8GHz clock expect to supply 1.35-1.40V Vcore, and to hit 5.0GHz... between 1.40 and 1.45V on average, possible more up to ~1.50-1.52V depending on the quality of your chip. You'll probably also need to adjust PLL voltage and LLC at those clocks.

For a 4.8GHz clock expect to supply 1.35-1.40V Vcore, and to hit 5.0GHz... between 1.40 and 1.45V on average, possible more up to ~1.50-1.52V depending on the quality of your chip. You'll probably also need to adjust PLL voltage and LLC at those clocks.
thanks removed those settings working as I expected will clock later to 5.1 thanks so much temps are low on high load . but will see at 5.1

any suggestions booting up 2133mhz I tried a write that worked at 5.1 , but at 1600mhz ,but at 2133 got the blue screen.

Have you tried anywhere between 1600 and 2133? That's a decent jump for memory, and if you want to run at those kind of speeds (if it is possible for your RAM) you may either need to loosen the timings on the RAM or add some voltage.

Have you tried anywhere between 1600 and 2133? That's a decent jump for memory, and if you want to run at those kind of speeds (if it is possible for your RAM) you may either need to loosen the timings on the RAM or add some voltage.

i am succesful on 1600 , tried 1866 and it crash after working once successfully . iam at 4.8 ghz

You likely either need to add some dram voltage or loosen timings. To be honest though, overclocking RAM doesn't do much at all in the grand scheme of things outside of benchmarks.

You likely either need to add some dram voltage or loosen timings. To be honest though, overclocking RAM doesn't do much at all in the grand scheme of things outside of benchmarks.

i started to have problems, i must have changed something oh well loaded default and tinkered around, this is my setup right now,tell me it is ok . with this setup i got it to boot up again properly.do i mess with cpu pll vccio stuff or leave auto.
DSC02936.jpg
DSC02937.jpg
DSC02938.jpg

ok , i froze a moment ago, i am using tthose timings with 1600, my guess thats why i froze ,i lower timing to 1333.wtf?read this review http://www.hardcoreware.net/kingston-hyperx-review-quad-channel-1600/ 1600 at 9-9-9-9-27.i've done that well see pain in the butt.any suggestions

did you do 9-9-9-9-27 or 9-9-9-27-2T? (typo?)

The VCCIO and VCCSA should be able to be left on auto. You can try setting them each to 1.1v and see if it works. Also, try running memtest86 and see if you get any errors.

did some reasearch and found this , i use the these timings for 1600 7-9-8-24 as the review did.http://www.overclockers.com/kingston-hyperx-ddr3-2133-quad-channel

Those are different sticks than what you are using, they are rated for 2133 yours are rated for 1600.

did you do 9-9-9-9-27 or 9-9-9-27-2T? (typo?)

The VCCIO and VCCSA should be able to be left on auto. You can try setting them each to 1.1v and see if it works. Also, try running memtest86 and see if you get any errors.

Those are different sticks than what you are using, they are rated for 2133 yours are rated for 1600.

mine are 2133 also .

Gotcha. Have you tried loading the XMP profile for them?

Have you tried setting them to the rated timings for 2133? (11-12-11-30-49-1T @ 1.65v?)

Back