• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TI Multisim 11 (Questions)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ronbert

So I'm currently building a circuit for my digital devices class and basically i want to run a 5 volt dc power supply to a TTL open collector chip to a NPN transistor to a relay coil and then to drive a 12V dc motor. So like this...

sample.png

Problem is... I can't figure out what motor to use or how to get it to work. I tried hooking up a simple DC motor by it's self to a 12V power supply but there's no visual clues to let me know it's working.

This has been done for a while now, I never was able to get it to work right. The relay was 12v on the high side I believe. The motor just wouldn't work period so I ended up replacing it with a probe I had triggered to turn on only when it received 12VDC.

I ended up doing a weird combination of using a 7400 OC gate with a pull up resistor being fed into the base of a transistor and ya-da ya-da. I'm still tinkering around with it to see if I can get it to work.

Thanks Thiddy I didn't realize there was a general section for circuitry. First time I ever asked any school related electronics questions hehe.

Back