• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

web browsers failing/network driver conflicts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fundip

i'm having a problem with my network driver.

internet explorer and fire fox randomly lose connection with the network and can't load web pages.

i have to reinstall/repair my network driver and it fixes it temporarily.

the event viewer gives lines of "information" about TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entering stopped and running states followed by "errors" attempting to read the local host files.

i have the latest network drivers and my system is 100% stable under intel burn test maximum load.

anybody have an idea of what to do?

wired
i'm pretty sure something is conflicting with the network driver at this point as it gets temporarily fixed when i repair it.

ive had that problem myself years back it was a failing network adapter i just went and picked up a $20 pci one and used it til i was due for a new system.
i used to have to go to device manager disable the adapter then uninstall it and reboot it would reinstall it on boot up and it would work for a few hours at most them fail again,very annoying=(

so you're saying the realtek network chip might be dying?
would lowering the baseclock affect it?

that would be my guess that the realtek is on its way out,i wouldn't think lowering the clock would effect it but i could be wrong.

well, i went ahead and reinstalled windows.
no problems yet, keeping my fingers crossed.

2 things.

Failing HW is likely. I have had Realtek NICS go out similarly to that before. I started just dropping an Intel Pro1000 NIC in ALL my builds (pcie x1 typically) and havent looked back.

Also, what Antivirus were/are you running? It is possible that you had a malware/trojan/Virus trying to install/update and that was contributing to the issue.

Back