• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Fans?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spec_Ops2087

There are so many fans on the market...I know that the best are delta fans but I heard that they are LOUD...are there any other fans out there with a little less powerbut a LOT less noise...

I'm going watercooling on my new system(see sig) but I need to cool my p4 system

Spec

to pick a fan just look at the cfm ratings on the fan. the more cfm's the more air the fan will blow, but also take note of the db rating, cause some of the high rpm/cfm fans can sound like a small airplane in your case (no joke).

Panaflo, Pabst and Sunon are good fans and also YS Tech are good ones. You just have to look at the specs like cjlax5 and decide how much air flow and noise is acceptable for you.

Sanyo Denki should not be left out either. For more fans check out kdcomputers.com or plycon.com

Not sure who's the best rated brand these days but remember the general rule, sleeve type is quiter and costs less but doesn't last as long, and ball bearing fans cost more, make a little more noise, but last longer.

I love Papst Fans, but they are very expensive I believe...I got all my Case fans from Ebay....

For 60mm Heatsinks, Y.S. Tech has some 40 cfm fans, which blow even more air than Delta Black labels, but sound less annoying in my opinion..

I have all sunon case fans in my system.
If you're looking for a hs fan, then go w/ the delta 38 and just use a rheostat to quiet it down.

If properly cared for, sleeve bearing fans will last just as long if not longer than ball bearing. The reason sleeve bearings got such a bad name is that they were used in several bottom of the bin no-name fans that got included with cases etc, so everyone assumed that all sleeve bearing fans were that horrible. To care for a sleeve bearing fan, get some sewing machine oil (very thin) and every few months, pull up the sticker and put a couple small drops in the bearing. It'll last you forever and will be nice and quiet...
Peace
John

Jmichael484 said:
Not sure who's the best rated brand these days but remember the general rule, sleeve type is quiter and costs less but doesn't last as long, and ball bearing fans cost more, make a little more noise, but last longer.

Back