• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps high at full cpu load?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MunkyTOS

Hey OC'ers,

I recently took interest in F@H and my issue isnt directly related to that but my cooling in general. I often dont have anything that would normally put my CPU at 100% usage so i'm not sure if temps are typical or not. I have a i7-2600k being cooled by a hyper 212 evo with push-pull gentle typhoons (1850 rpm). Right now realtemp is reading ~40°c although I normally see mid 30's maybe 35-37°c. At full cpu usage it ramps up to 65-70°c.

Normal? abnormal? Also after doing something like burn testing or folding, would a cpu typically run a little hotter for a short while after?

I find them rather hot to be stock, and even more if it's a H212 Evo with Gentle Typhoons.

Maybe stock voltages are rather high. 70C full looks a little bit high for stock, IMHO.

Anyway, wait for one of the real gurus to show up and give you some better info. I'm still a newbie here :chair:

Thank you for the reply and no worries, any input is good input :) I'm running this in a lanboy air from antec with 2 intake at the front, 2 intake in front of the gpu and 1 exhaust behind the cpu.

Those temps sound a little high for running at stock speeds, but nothing to worry about. You might try remounting the EVO and see if that helps. How did you apply your TIM before mounting? If you put a dab in the middle of the IHS, you might try running a thin line down the heatpipes instead and see how it goes. Any excess should just squish out the sides. For the outside heatpipes, run the thin line down the inside edge of those 2 heatpipes so that you know you make contact with the IHS.

Back