• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shogun 2 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

Running through another campaign. (still on easy cuz I suck at this game lol)

Managed to figure out my strategy for next game.

Finance wizard spawning monks and ninjas. Once I take lands closer to shogunate I will use them for fortresses and mass army generation. Aside from the "special" towns that improve melee or accuracy.

However I have come across this now twice in one game

Once my monks hit level 6, they get stuck between a town and the rebel forces they generate when I incite revolt (this is my secret method I dont declare war at all I incite revolts and then take over the rebel cities with no apathy from the shogun)

I have two L6 monks currently that cant do anything, and two rebel armies that do nothing because they share the same space I cant attack them with another army I cant assassinate them nothing. I declared war eventually on the country owning hte town and owned it. the rebel army still sits there and so does my l6 monk.

On the plus side, the towns cant rebel against me and I stopped putting armies in them lol on the minus side I just dont like it.

monk.jpg

Last edited:
LOL sorry.

Question is why are my L6 monks getting "trapped" between a rebel army and a town that is not mine (not an enemy per se.. I incite revolts not declare war ;) )

Even once I declare war and conquer the town since the rebels do nothing with my l6 Monk sitting between them they do nothing... ever.

2nd question was not annouced yet wanted to address that one first.

2Q) best method for increasing finances. I grab 2-3 trade ports right off the bat and then send 10 to grab the iron, and still have trouble developing trade without paying for it, thing is if I pay for it, that country ends up breaking the trade within a turn or two. So I lose out. $ wise.

3Q) Autoresolve battles I have to do this when attacking. I can defend very well. I use my archers judiciously. run the m back as they get attacked and shoot up the enemy again while they are engaged with my ground forces. I just cant attack as well. Ideas?

EDIT added image to first post

Last edited:
I am no pro at this game by any means, but I seek out towns with Gold Mines as quick as I can. Then put at least a lvl 2 or better Metsuke in them (they raise the tax rate of towns they sit in, so put them your 5 richest towns and give them points in overseeing towns). Keep little troops there and build only buildings that give you money.

Finally, do the tax trick. Every other turn, you run Normal taxes. Then between those turns, you run Very High taxes. As long as you end a turn with a town being just red (and not flashing red) you'll go into your next turn with the ability to lower them back to Normal, but still get that extra money.

As for what I suspect is a bug, don't know. I am playing FOTS campaign with my dad. Loving it so far. No more food to deal with!

Last edited:
Back