• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird gigabyte z68ap-d3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c00l3st

well everything was working well with the F6 bios. then i got crazy and updated it to f7. problem started. bios wont save any details properly.
such as i set multiplier to 50 48 47 it saves it and i can see it there it boots up but still working on 45. so i updated it to F8 bios version. another problem came. i noticed my vcore was @ 1.402 and my memory was running @ 1.595v. so i had to set an offset to both vcore and dram voltage. somehow "got lucky i guess" i managed to bring it back to 4.5ghz stable (prime95 , intelburntest) with 1.33vcore idle / 1.21-1.19 load. still the ram is stuck @ 1.54v. do you guys have any idea why this is happening ? why the auto option is not working well like before ? does this indicate any problem with the mobo ?

Did you reset your BIOS after flashing? It could be retaining invalid settings.

when you say reset do you mean Restore defaults ? thats what i did.

now i experienced bsod 124 from playing mw3 for 30minutes.

i removed the cmos battery. and place it back after few minutes. im guessing the cmos battery needs to be replaced or theres something wrong with the mobo. the changes/settings it wont save is on the multiplier and the voltages. though before when i set everything to auto it reads 1.344vcore and 1.5v on memory. now when its on auto it says 1.404vcore and 1.596 on memory. so when i saw it on 1.404 i tried bumping the multiplier a bit from 46-48-50 but wont work anyways. any ideas ?

well i found f5,f6,f7 bios backups. good thing i saved them let me get back to f5 and see what happens

Last edited:
well im back at bios version f5 now and everything seems to work fine.
ill make a backup of this f5 and update it with f8 then try your suggestion. lets see what happens.

I also bought this board Revision 1 and I was on F3 BIOS and after setting up the BIOS clock and setting RAM to 1600mhz and profile 1 for the RAM and leaving it set to TURBO for the CPU I installed 7 ultimate and then I got the POST LOOP.

It wouldn't even show the Windows loading colors it just looped after managing to get back into windows I upgraded to F8 and used the @BioS program off the CD and from FILE. It fixed the loop issue I just cant seem to keep it stable at 1600mhz RAM speed I thought my 550w PSU would be ok as I haven't OCed anything it's all stock.

check the ram voltage @ auto it runs at arround 1.595 something. you have to set it manually to 1.500 on the voltage menu. i got it fixed just by reverting back to f5 bios and by using Q-flash on the bios menu. needed to look for an ide jumper to short the cmos reset pin in mobo. everything is working fine now. still i am having problem with the f8 bios it wont accept any changes i make on the bios. so id stick to f5. i tried doing 5ghz and 5.3ghz today went well with f5 bios.

check the ram voltage @ auto it runs at arround 1.595 something. you have to set it manually to 1.500 on the voltage menu. i got it fixed just by reverting back to f5 bios and by using Q-flash on the bios menu. needed to look for an ide jumper to short the cmos reset pin in mobo. everything is working fine now. still i am having problem with the f8 bios it wont accept any changes i make on the bios. so id stick to f5. i tried doing 5ghz and 5.3ghz today went well with f5 bios.

I dont seem to have the issue with it saving settings with the F8 I did get the POST LOOP with F3 though which was annoying luckily the F8 update fixed it. I will try again and see what the voltage is at I swear it said 1.5v but it was dulled out so I couldn't change it??, it is very fast now at 1333mhz but I want that extra speed I know it can go at soon once I get my water cooling sorted and a decent fan solution I'll OC.

Well I went into the BIOS and manual set the voltage to 1.5v and set the RAM up to 1600mhz as soon as it got onto the WELCOME screen it shut down I think I may have to get a new PSU with a little bit more BEEF a 750w should do nicely.

Yet I am a little baffled as I thought with it been new tech and all it would use less power than my AMD 945 rig did, unless I am missing something but all the connectors to the board are fine.

Could be a bad batch of RAM :confused:

dont post it to 1600mhz if you have 1333mhz. i know it works but it works crazzzzzy. i tried that several times. it was possible to do it at 1600mhz which is fine if you wanna get 2++mhz boost with the cl timings of 11-11-11-32/28. what i did was set the voltage to manual 1.500 then dram timing selectable to quick and adjusted 8 8 8 24 and its fine. better than cl9 atleast

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-138-CR&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=1387

This is my RAM it has a profile option to give it max speed 1866mhz but I need to OC the 2600k first which I aint going to yet, but I am so behind the times I've just stuck to AMD over the years and being happy this is my first INTEL rig.

I'll see again when I select 1600mhz >> QUICK and see what the timings are set at I'll up the volts to manual of 1.5 even though auto says it's 1.5 and fiddle with it if not I'll get a new PSU and try again.

yep oc the cpu first before the ram. its really up to you and ur preference of OC if you can get it stable then let it be.

Back