• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acer Aspire 5750-6866 HD 3000 mem issue help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metlcub

Hey all
I picked up this laptop on the assumption I could allocate more of the shared mem to video, per the specs on the laptop. So I picked up the laptop and a 8gig mem kit.
I get home, install the mem, get windows and stuff situated, go into Bios and it's locked at 128megs of mem. The spec sticker shows up to 1760mb mem. I called acer and they have no clue wtf Im talking about. Anyone know of away to up the shared graphics mem amount. This is a pic of the spec sticker on the laptop. Wouldnt you call this false advertising.

IMG_1160.jpg

Why do they word stuff like this, if it's set at 128mb and can not be changed. I'm gona take the laptop back tomorrow for this reason.

Almost, but what they are saying there is, the system will "reserve" a portion of your ram and dedicate it to video use only. It seems "Dynamic Video Memory" sounds a whole lot better than; "can lock away part of your ram for a minor boost in video performance".
If it weren't for marketing gimmicks like that, we probably wouldn't need IT folk. The sad part is, you're only seeing the surface of it.

Back